• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

my debt

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Pookysmom

What is the name of your state?Florida

My problems began in September of 2003. I was going to school full time (19 credit hours) and only able to work 14 hrs /week needless to say i was not able to pay my credit debt. I called my creditors and explained the situation to them, making the monthly payments lower didn't help cause i was still not able to pay them. Needless to say my accounts went delinquent. Ok now I graduated from school May 2004 got my professional license July 2004 and began my new career. since then I have managed to pay off 5 of the 7 debts ( which of course had all gone to collections) the last two I have been paying on for the past 12 months per the agreements made with those companies. This past Friday I received a phone call from a collection agency stating that th Chase Bank no longer wanted to finance my account because I have not lived up to my end of the bargain and this person is asking for at least $1200 to put me in a hardship plan so that I can make monthly payments until said balance is paid in full. My question is this the original bank Chase Mastercard made an offer to me 1 year ago of 48 payments of $103 to pay off the debt so why would they send me to collections if I have paid every month for the past 11 months. Let me say it hasnt been easy I get no statement in the mail or by phone. I cant pay by phone (which I had been doing up until July) because I got deleted out of the system so now I can only mail my payments in whcih then makes them about 10 days late due to when my payday fallls and the due date. Can they just send me to collections even though we have an agreement made? the bill collector informed me that I will continue to get phone calls until I can pay up(not her words exactly)

Veronica1228

Pookysmom said:
What is the name of your state?Florida

My problems began in September of 2003. I was going to school full time (19 credit hours) and only able to work 14 hrs /week needless to say i was not able to pay my credit debt. I called my creditors and explained the situation to them, making the monthly payments lower didn't help cause i was still not able to pay them. Needless to say my accounts went delinquent. Ok now I graduated from school May 2004 got my professional license July 2004 and began my new career. since then I have managed to pay off 5 of the 7 debts ( which of course had all gone to collections) the last two I have been paying on for the past 12 months per the agreements made with those companies. This past Friday I received a phone call from a collection agency stating that th Chase Bank no longer wanted to finance my account because I have not lived up to my end of the bargain and this person is asking for at least $1200 to put me in a hardship plan so that I can make monthly payments until said balance is paid in full. My question is this the original bank Chase Mastercard made an offer to me 1 year ago of 48 payments of $103 to pay off the debt so why would they send me to collections if I have paid every month for the past 11 months. Let me say it hasnt been easy I get no statement in the mail or by phone. I cant pay by phone (which I had been doing up until July) because I got deleted out of the system so now I can only mail my payments in whcih then makes them about 10 days late due to when my payday fallls and the due date. Can they just send me to collections even though we have an agreement made? the bill collector informed me that I will continue to get phone calls until I can pay up(not her words exactly)
Unless your agreement was in writing then, yes they can send you to collections since you failed to meet the terms of your original agreement. If you don't want them to keep calling you, you can send them a request in writing asking that they only contact you by mail. Per the FDCPA they must comply with your request. Make sure to send the letter by CRRRM. Below is a website that has sample letters that might help you.

http://www.creditinfocenter.com/forms/

Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">