• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My dogs on a leash got into a fight with neighbors dog off leash

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eekamouse

Homeowners was in my boyfriends name it’s his house. Dogs were not listed because they came here in the middle of the year.
Also did I mention the first animal Control office told us not to worry . The. Supervisor comes out and it’s. Different outcome based on their side of story only.
That's you and your boyfriend's fault. There was nothing stopping him from notifying his insurance company to add these dogs to his policy when you first brought them there.

Joelle m

I have pictures of the blood In the street where the fight DID happen.. not on their property like they claim and then my dogs “pulled” the dog 10 feet into the road .. bc they knew the leash law wouldn’t apply ... Bc they are that smart ... it’s jist so horrible they they are resorting to lies ... but they will get caught up in them

Eekamouse

I have pictures of the blood In the street where the fight DID happen.. not on their property like they claim and then my dogs “pulled” the dog 10 feet into the road .. bc they knew the leash law wouldn’t apply ... Bc they are that smart ... it’s jist so horrible they they are resorting to lies ... but they will get caught up in them
That doesn't prove anything, you know. Blood in the street just indicates that the dog bled there, not that that's where the fight started.

quincy

No to represent me they are suing and it’s a criminal case ... nice right ... I have to prove that they r not dangerous ... I have faith ..
What crime are you charged with committing?

Do your dogs have a "dangerous dog" history? Are your dogs in danger of being euthanized?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
I have all the laws and kno them this dog was charging at me my son and dogs aggressive my dogs were provoked and reacted to a threat and became protective. No ban for pits we live in a court with 10 houses and prosecutor directly across from us who is on the neighbors side as well .. if it were a different street none of this would be happening. Trust me .
I didn't say anything about them being banned. But some communities have local ordinances that treat pitties specifically as dangerous dogs.

And your b/f (and you) should be aware that his insurance may drop him when they find out about the dogs. Or they may require a rider with an additional premium.

Joelle m

Ok well if it happend like they say why wasn’t it on the side walk or grass ? It happened in the street ... the first animal control office event stated that ... and that we weren’t liable ...soooo plus I’m not lieing at all .. and I truly believe the judge will see that ..

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Well, not really. There could be some serious ramifications, as I stated above. It could also invalidate his policy if he has to file a claim and the insurance company finds out the dogs weren't reported.

ETA: When we renewed our insurance, they came out to do a reinspection to make sure nothing had changed. And they would not take my word on the breed of dogs I own - they had to see them & take photos. And I have beagles, which are not considered dangerous dogs.

Joelle m

What crime are you charged with committing?

Do your dogs have a "dangerous dog" history? Are your dogs in danger of being euthanized?
No not at all in fact I raised the with other dogs .. birds , a cockatoo who was always chasing and playing with them ... they were at dog parks def socialized... I’m charged with they could be potentially dangerous... because the reacted to a dog who changed at them and my son and myself ... so provoked and protecting. Is what they were doing ...
There are ALOT OF FACTORS ON THIS case .. it’s exhausting and going to court to have it adjourned so many times is crazy ... next month is it ... I was so sad not to have them for Xmas

quincy

No not at all in fact I raised the with other dogs .. birds , a cockatoo who was always chasing and playing with them ... they were at dog parks def socialized... I’m charged with they could be potentially dangerous... because the reacted to a dog who changed at them and my son and myself ... so provoked and protecting. Is what they were doing ...
There are ALOT OF FACTORS ON THIS case .. it’s exhausting and going to court to have it adjourned so many times is crazy ... next month is it ... I was so sad not to have them for Xmas
So ... this is not a criminal case but a civil case where the owner of the boxer is claiming you have dangerous dogs and are responsible for the boxer's veterinarian expenses.

The owner of the boxer will have to show the court that your dogs were out of your control and attacked the boxer without provocation. You will have to show the court that your dogs were properly leashed and you were not trespassing on the boxer owner's property and the boxer attacked first.

You need to be more believable in court than the boxer owner. Find witnesses if possible. Check to see if anyone in the neighborhood captured the incident on a surveillance camera.

Your task in court is complicated by the fact that pit bulls have a (perhaps undeserved) bad reputation. See if you can find an animal rights organization that will speak on your dogs' behalf.

Good luck.

Last edited:

Joelle m

listen ekamouse they we not his dogs! they were mine... and im not paying A THING BECAUSE im going to win! so yea its whatever like i said

Joelle m

So ... this is not a criminal case but a civil case where the owner of the boxer is claiming you have dangerous dogs and are responsible for the boxer's veterinarian expenses.

The owner of the boxer will have to show the court that your dogs were out of your control and attacked the boxer without provocation. You will have to show the court that your dogs were properly leashed and you were not trespassing on the boxer owner's property and the boxer attacked first.

Be more believable in court. Find witnesses if possible. Check to see if anyone in the neighborhood captured the incident on a surveillance camera.

Your task in court is complicated by the fact that pit bulls have a (perhaps undeserved) bad reputation. See if you can find an animal rights organization that will speak on your dogs' behalf.

Good luck.
there were no witnesses just ryan mysef and the daughter and I just hope truth prevails.. I could tell u so many other factors it would take a week ! Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">