• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My employer didn't have health insurance for me even though they took out of paycheck? Options??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gbtodd66

My employer stopped paying my health insurance so I didn't have insurance for 3 months. They just started it back up now but they where still taking it out all the time. What are my options since I'm on a workman's comp injury that just happened and probably wont be able to go back to work for at least a couple months

LdiJ

My employer stopped paying my health insurance so I didn't have insurance for 3 months. They just started it back up now but they where still taking it out all the time. What are my options since I'm on a workman's comp injury that just happened and probably wont be able to go back to work for at least a couple months
Contact the Department of Labor for instructions on how to proceed.

PayrollHRGuy

First, ask your employer for a refund of any premiums. If they aren't forthcoming then contact the department of labor.

The workers' comp shouldn't be an issue.

LdiJ

First, ask your employer for a refund of any premiums. If they aren't forthcoming then contact the department of labor.

The workers' comp shouldn't be an issue.
Seriously? If the employer didn't pay the employee's health insurance premiums do you think that they actually paid they worker's comp ones?

LdiJ

Seriously, there is no reason to think they didn't.
Seriously? They collected money from the employees to cover health insurance and then didn't pay the premiums, yet you think that there is no reason to believe that they did not cover worker's comp premiums???

quincy

The name of the state is important as workers compensation laws vary by state as will any legal recourse.

RJR

What are my options since I'm on a workman's comp injury that just happened and probably wont be able to go back to work for at least a couple months
Do they pay into the State system/fund, or are they Self-Insured?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Did this happen to just you or to others as well? It could make a difference as to your best option.

And, once again, in what state did this occur? That DEFINITELY affects your best option.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">