• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My Ex left me on his insurance policy months after we split and he had a wreck

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Steven Moore

I live in Oklahoma. My ex-boyfriend who I haven't lived with or owned a car with for over a year had a wreck this week. He was at fault, his new gf was driving and got a dui, and the other party has hired an attorney to sue him. I wasn't on the title of the vehicle but I was still listed on his auto policy because he said his agent failed to remove me. Last year we both owned vehicles with each others names on the title and when we split up we removed each other from the others title. He kept his auto policy and I got my own auto policy through another company. The vehicle he wrecked was actually titled in his name and his new girlfriends name and the new girlfriend was driving the car. Am I going to be responsible for any damages?

Last edited:

ShyCat

No, but if you're sued, you'll have to answer the suit with your defense (name erroneously left on policy, etc.). Don't just ignore it if it happens.

LdiJ

You shouldn't actually get sued at all since your name isn't on the car, but I still agree with the other responses.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I live in Oklahoma. My ex-boyfriend who I haven't lived with or owned a car with for over a year had a wreck this week. He was at fault, his new gf was driving and got a dui, and the other party has hired an attorney to sue him. I wasn't on the title of the vehicle but I was still listed on his auto policy because he said his agent failed to remove me. Last year we both owned vehicles with each others names on the title and when we split up we removed each other from the others title. He kept his auto policy and I got my own auto policy through another company. The vehicle he wrecked was actually titled in his name and his new girlfriends name and the new girlfriend was driving the car. Am I going to be responsible for any damages?
Were you in a same sex relationship?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">