• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My ex relocated assets while she was divorcing from her former husband, is it fishy?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the name of your state? California
Few years back, I met my ex who was a resident of Orange County which she said is currently divorcing from her 7 years of husband in marriage. She and me started dating together and after only few months, problem started emerging because she had lied about her current status of marriage and hasn't even finalized her divorce. She was not even signing off divorce papers and it has been huge turmoil.

I even contacted her former husband to resolve the issue and he said he had been duped into marriage where she was desperately seeking to get green card status which I did not pursue.

I found her to be extremely manipulating and relationship was always some sort of cat and mouse game and soon ended. I also had been deceived a large sum of money through lot of luxury trips to which I don't have claim and she has been failing to take care of her debts causing intense fights between us.

After contemplating back she was abusive and was abusive to her former husband of 8 apparently. Most alarming is the cheap financial moves, one of the caught my attention.

She had told me that she has been selling her house in Orange county in 2010 at the height of recession and bought instead a similar valued real estate in her native home country. She also transported her significant assets which was a luxury mercedes benz to her home country right around the time of her former divorce. I have no interest in business but recently thinking about a lot whether and how she has been treating her former husband. For me, based on how she interacting with me, she was bully and full of drama. If they divorced after 8 years of marriage, does her husband have any saying in transport of her assets overseas?

Based on my chat with her husband, it was probably not an issue because he never mentioned he has claim on asset division, his main complaint was he was duped into marriage so she can green card. Now she not only has green card, but has US citizenship as well as her mother and father because of familial association.

Thanks.,

Just Blue

What is the name of your state? California
Few years back, I met my ex who was a resident of Orange County which she said is currently divorcing from her 7 years of husband in marriage. She and me started dating together and after only few months, problem started emerging because she had lied about her current status of marriage and hasn't even finalized her divorce. She was not even signing off divorce papers and it has been huge turmoil.

I even contacted her former husband to resolve the issue and he said he had been duped into marriage where she was desperately seeking to get green card status which I did not pursue.

I found her to be extremely manipulating and relationship was always some sort of cat and mouse game and soon ended. I also had been deceived a large sum of money through lot of luxury trips to which I don't have claim and she has been failing to take care of her debts causing intense fights between us.

After contemplating back she was abusive and was abusive to her former husband of 8 apparently. Most alarming is the cheap financial moves, one of the caught my attention.

She had told me that she has been selling her house in Orange county in 2010 at the height of recession and bought instead a similar valued real estate in her native home country. She also transported her significant assets which was a luxury mercedes benz to her home country right around the time of her former divorce. I have no interest in business but recently thinking about a lot whether and how she has been treating her former husband. For me, based on how she interacting with me, she was bully and full of drama. If they divorced after 8 years of marriage, does her husband have any saying in transport of her assets overseas?

Based on my chat with her husband, it was probably not an issue because he never mentioned he has claim on asset division, his main complaint was he was duped into marriage so she can green card. Now she not only has green card, but has US citizenship as well as her mother and father because of familial association.

Thanks.,
Frankly this is not your legal business.

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
If they divorced after 8 years of marriage, does her husband have any saying in transport of her assets overseas?
He might well have been able to make a claim to some part of those assets in the divorce. The details of those assets and how they were acquired matter a great deal. If he could show he had a community property interest in the assets that she converted he might have had something to pursue. The problem is that if the divorce is final then it's too late for him to raise the issue now.

I suggest you just forget about her and move on. What she did with the assets from the marriage isn't really your concern anyway. You have determined she's bad news, so just stay away from her and don't put any more effort into thinking about her or trying to exact some kind of revenge for the bad relationship, or whatever. Focusing on her will do you no good and likely will just bring you misery.

juli95134

He might well have been able to make a claim to some part of those assets in the divorce. The details of those assets and how they were acquired matter a great deal. If he could show he had a community property interest in the assets that she converted he might have had something to pursue. The problem is that if the divorce is final then it's too late for him to raise the issue now.

I suggest you just forget about her and move on. What she did with the assets from the marriage isn't really your concern anyway. You have determined she's bad news, so just stay away from her and don't put any more effort into thinking about her or trying to exact some kind of revenge for the bad relationship, or whatever. Focusing on her will do you no good and likely will just bring you misery.
thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">