• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My ex won't follow the Divorce Decree

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

shawnak

What is the name of your state? CA

My divorce decree specifically states that my ex is responsible to pay off a joint debt that we had when we were married. It has been two years and he has still not paid it off. Since this was a joint debt it is still on my credit and is hindering my ability to make purchases. What do I do?

rmet4nzkx

shawnak said:
What is the name of your state? CA

My divorce decree specifically states that my ex is responsible to pay off a joint debt that we had when we were married. It has been two years and he has still not paid it off. Since this was a joint debt it is still on my credit and is hindering my ability to make purchases. What do I do?
In response to your thread which you deleted after I answered it, please have your new husband request his children be assessed for learning disorders.

Contact your divorce attorney re getting the debt paid off. You can also contact the creditors with a copy of the decree and ask to be removed from the account.

djohnson

You can take him back to court for contempt, but your not likely to still get the money. It's a tough road, pay it and sue him for the amount. You may still get nothing. It's the trials of being married.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">