• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My fiance's ex

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bebe333

What is the name of your state? Illinois
I am not sure what to do with this. My fiance's ex has residential custody of their 7 year old daughter. In the divorce decree a schedule for visitation was set so that my fiance got to see his daughter 50% of the time. Because of this, the child support payments are under what the state mandates that he pay. His ex is constantly using that to manipulate him into taking his daughter more than what the divorce decree states. Because he loves his daughter, he wants to spend the extra time with her. The original schedule has been changed and now he has her more than 50% of the time and that's if his ex doesn't ask him to take her on her days. We are frustrated because neither of us really understands his rights and how the residential custody can be changed. Does anyone have any advice???

:confused:

H

hexeliebe

See a family law attorney for filing a change of custody petition. If she doesn't want the girl then he needs to fight for her.

Then she could be ordered to by support :D

nextwife

There are a wholelot of frustrated NCPs who only WISH they had this problem. They can't even get the limited visitation their CO gives them.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Bebe, why are you doing this to yourself? Do you really need this "lifetime" of bullcrap in your life?

This is just a taste of your future - - unless you get out now! There are other men in the world. You don't need this kind of baggage.

Start thinking with your brain, instead of your emotions.

IAAL

VeronicaGia

Now IAAL, if Mrs. IAAL left you would you want all the eligible women in the world to run from you screaming because you have kids? Even the redheads? LOL

Anyway, to the original poster, your husband needs to keep a journal of every minute he spends with his child. On this website: www.deltabravo.net there is something called a "parenting time tracker." He needs to use it or something similar. Also, if the ex gets wind of this she will likely stop offering the child beyond visitation, so mums the word.

Once he can at least prove through his journal that he indeed has the child more than 50% of the time, he should contact an attorney and file for a custody change.

bebe333

Thanks Veronica..... I sent the web url to my fiance. He has been tracking the time on a spreadsheet and we are keeping it "hush hush". At least I know someone else has the same thought.

:)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">