• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My first child was born 6/30 and I dont want my mother anywhere near him.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M.coners

What is the name of your state?Ohio
I have a bad relationship with my mother because of her toxic self centered personality. Due to the way I was raised, or lack thereof, I developed dysthymic depression. I still see my mother daily because I live with her and I also see her at social events. I am unable to move in with the mother of my child due to her living situation so luckily my son does not live in my mother's house. I am concerned that she will try and pick up my son without permission. I think this because she picked up my girlfriends friends baby without asking and she didn't even know the mother. I am wondering if there is anything I can do to prevent her from having any contact with my son without skipping key events like my neices birthday party.

CdwJava

You can tell your mother, "No," and have your baby's mother do the same. But, if the baby's mother lets your mother pick up the child, then it's good.

If your relationship with mom is so bad why do you still live with her??? You don't like mom, you have a baby, maybe it's time to grow up and play the part of an adult. Or ... are you still a minor? Or, is the baby's mother still a minor? Maybe, both?

M.coners

I feel like I'm blaming the depression when I say this but I don't feel like I'm worth anything. I end up with a crap job so I can't afford to move out. I can't even understand why my girlfriend stands by my side.

Just Blue

I feel like I'm blaming the depression when I say this but I don't feel like I'm worth anything. I end up with a crap job so I can't afford to move out. I can't even understand why my girlfriend stands by my side.
How old are you? How old is the girlfriend?

M.coners

Obviously I'm embarrassed to say how old I am but I am old enough. I pretty much raised myself so I am just now learning how to properly manage my money

Just Blue

Obviously I'm embarrassed to say how old I am but I am old enough. I pretty much raised myself so I am just now learning how to properly manage my money
Old enough?? What ...to live on your own or father a child? How old are you and how old is the GF?

M.coners

You can tell your mother, "No," and have your baby's mother do the same. But, if the baby's mother lets your mother pick up the child, then it's good.

If your relationship with mom is so bad why do you still live with her??? You don't like mom, you have a baby, maybe it's time to grow up and play the part of an adult. Or ... are you still a minor? Or, is the baby's mother still a minor? Maybe, both?
It would be nice if that was enough but I feel like it wouldn't matter to my mother if we both said no. So Im wondering if I can take legal action if and when it happens

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">