• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My Friend, My Friend, he's got a Knife

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

MaryJane

A former co-worker and friend of mine, was fired today. I feel it was wrongful termination and/or possible discrimentation. Here's the situation...
The restraunt is a franchise of a major corporation in Kansas, but headquarters are in Nebraska. There are certain policies (not written, that I know of)pertaing to the topic of Body Piercing.
My freind has a pierced tongue, and was asked to remove it from his mouth. Which he perceeded to do, however, his tongue began to swell and was immensely painful. He explained this to the manager. Before he left, after his days work was up he was fired for insubordination. This goes deeper then that...
This company participates continously in percieved mistreatment of employees. I was told by another employee that the managers had a list of people they did not like, and wanted to fire. She has seen this list. He's on the list. Unfair practices, e.g. people being "written up" for specific things, and others being directly terminated for same offense.
Another aspect of this case, is religous. People have been expressing themselves through piercings before the Bill of Rights, it is commonplace throughout the world, and I would immagine since the advent of human enlightenment and is a sacred ritual. I could go on about their injustices for days...but will not but you through that torture. I would just like some advice for my friend. Plus, I wouldn't mind giving the ole' under counter Srewgy to my employer.
Thank You!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">