• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My GF is in a Ga. prison for multiple DUI's?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Member2455

My girlfriend has been in jail and now prison for approx. 16 months (combined). She accepted a four year sentence. She spent 8 months in County jail and was credited with time served when she finally got to prison. So, 8 months in jail and about 8 months in prison. Her PED was at the end of July (2018) and she is now waiting on a TPM. How long does it normally take to get a TPM after the PED? When they review her on her TPM, how likely is it that she will be released early out on parole? Is habitual Violator considered a felony in Ga.? If yes, Is it ever expunged from your record? I ask bc how will this affect any future job prospects one she has been released from prison? How likely is it she could be denied parole and might have to do the entire 4 year sentence? There are so many unknowns about this confusing process. Thank you for reading. I would really appreciate any replies and insights you could give me.

Eekamouse

My girlfriend has been in jail and now prison for approx. 16 months (combined). She accepted a four year sentence. She spent 8 months in County jail and was credited with time served when she finally got to prison. So, 8 months in jail and about 8 months in prison. Her PED was at the end of July (2018) and she is now waiting on a TPM. How long does it normally take to get a TPM after the PED? When they review her on her TPM, how likely is it that she will be released early out on parole? Is habitual Violator considered a felony in Ga.? If yes, Is it ever expunged from your record? I ask bc how will this affect any future job prospects one she has been released from prison? How likely is it she could be denied parole and might have to do the entire 4 year sentence? There are so many unknowns about this confusing process. Thank you for reading. I would really appreciate any replies and insights you could give me.
Your girlfriend is an irresponsible drunk who doesn't learn from her mistakes.

quincy

... How long does it normally take to get a TPM after the PED? When they review her on her TPM, how likely is it that she will be released early out on parole? Is habitual Violator considered a felony in Ga.? If yes, Is it ever expunged from your record? I ask bc how will this affect any future job prospects one she has been released from prison? How likely is it she could be denied parole and might have to do the entire 4 year sentence? ...
Your girlfriend's attorney should be able to answer these questions for your girlfriend with more accuracy but I can give you some idea of what the answers might be.

There is no "normal time" between the PED and a TPM. There is no guarantee the Parole Board will even give a tentative parole month. Even if a tentative date is given, it is not a release decision. The Board can deny parole.

Habitual offenders can be felons. A 4th DUI can be a felony. A DUI after being declared an habitual offender can be a felony. Felony DUIs are not expungeable in Georgia.

Felons have a more difficult time finding employment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">