• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My Girls mom threw away my stuff...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

taffyemma

What is the name of your state? CO
Ok, I used to live with my girlfriends mom for most part of my girlfriends pregnancy. So ALL my stuff was there. Here mom did some terrible things to me, my girlfriend and my family right around the time the baby was born. The next couple days my family asked me to move back cause they knew I would need help. So I did. The day we got out of the hospital I and a couple of family members went and got most of my stuff from her moms house while she wasnt there. We left a number of things as we didnt have enough room at the moment to take everything. Well by the time we wanted to go back, her mom was home. The next day we returned and she wouldnt let us in the house. We then phoned the police, they came down and said that since she claims we owe her rent money, she would only have to give us our vital things like clothes, legal papers etc. I went in, grabbed just a couple of things and took pictures of the stuff left. After a few months and many attempts we were still not able to get out stuff. She said she would call the cops if we came. We never made an offical agreement on rent and after I lost my job she said we could keep the place clean and that would be good enough. Anyways, several months later and she finally lets us have our stuff. This is like a week ago. About 90% of the things are missing and when my GF asked where it was she admitted to throwing it away. I had stuff since I was a child there that can never be replaced. Along with tons of clothes and car parts. I also took pictures of the stuff when it came back to my place. Do I have a chance of beating her in court and what should I watch out for? What value do you put on sentimental things? Any help is appreciated - thanks

BL

The day we got out of the hospital I and a couple of family members went and got most of my stuff from her moms house while she wasn't there. [ quote ]

You contradict yourself and state 90% of my stuff was still there .

You can-not put a price on sentimental items.

Ya know what , I'd just let it go and move on w/ life .

JETX

"Do I have a chance of beating her in court"
*** Based solely on the contents of your post, you have a chance, but a slim one at best.

"and what should I watch out for?"
*** I would 'watch out' for entering someone elses property while they are not home..... and removing things. That will clearly put you at a HUGE disadvantage if she claims you STOLE property that was not yours. And while you were there, you should have gotten these 'sentimental things'. Finally, you should NOT have waited "months" to try to get them back.

"What value do you put on sentimental things?"
*** Value is set SOLELY by 'fair market'. If they aren't worth anything to someone else, then that is their 'value'.

T

taffyemma

Ok, we got most of the BIG stuff. Since when was entering my home ilegal? That was the place that me and my girlfriend lived. Her mom had no idea we were leaving. If you had over a thousand dollars worth of clothes thrown out, you would just move on? So there is no way I can be compensated for 'senamental' things? I didnt wait months, if you read I say we went back the next day, then called a good number of times over the next few months. I would rather not be arrested.

T

taffyemma

thanks for the great reply that means absolutley nothing to me. Oh and when I said 90% of my things were missing I meant 90% of the things I had left.

BL

Ok go to court.

Be prepared to prove what your belongings were and what you paid for them .

Also be prepared for a countersuit for unpaid rent .

HomeGuru

taffyemma said:
thanks for the great reply that means absolutley nothing to me.

**A: then how about this? The word is spelled sentimental. And so is absolutely.

Oh and when I said 90% of my things were missing I meant 90% of the things I had left.

**A: then you should have 10% of your mind remaining.

T

taffyemma

Oh god, I typed it fast. Does that make you feel better? I thought this was freeadvice.com not flameyourasswithinsignificantstatements.com

HomeGuru

taffyemma said:
Oh god, I typed it fast. Does that make you feel better? I thought this was freeadvice.com not flameyourasswithinsignificantstatements.com
**A: that explains your last url coming from a name like taffyenema.

T

taffyemma

Who the F--- do you think you are? Do I know you??? Shut your immature ass up. Taffy is my Girlfriends nickname and Emma is my daughters name, HOMESLUT.

HomeGuru

taffyemma said:
Who the F--- do you think you are? Do I know you??? Shut your immature ass up. Taffy is my Girlfriends nickname and Emma is my daughters name, HOMESLUT.
**A: salt water on the brain, salt water taffy? taffo-laffo.

T

taffyemma

Do you guys piss everyone off that comes here? I notice the only people that post more than 10 posts are 'senior' members with like 20,000+ posts. All I see here is problems. Judge peoples personal lives you don't even know. Just sit behind your computers because on the street bitches like you arent safe. Have a nice day. :rolleyes:

HomeGuru

taffyemma said:
Do you guys piss everyone off that comes here? I notice the only people that post more than 10 posts are 'senior' members with like 20,000+ posts.

**A: well in that case, you need to post 4 more times to become a senior member also.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">