• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My husband has custody of his son and still pays child support!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



My husband has had custody of his 17 year old son since the baby was 8 days old. My husband has always supported his son 100% including medical, dental ect. The biological mother has NEVER given any financial help what so ever. 4 years ago my husband was ordered to pay child support to his sons mother for the times that his son is with her. We live in Texas and she lives in California. We also pay all travel expenses when he goes for visitation. Last year he was with us 90% of the year. This year he has not seen her at all but we are still paying child support every motnth. The real problem is that she has now gone to the D.A.'s office and claimed that we have not paid child support for the months of March and April. Even though we have sent proof (cancled check) to thier office they contacted my husbands boss to inform his boss that he is two months behind in child support and they are going to attach his wages for the monty. My husband and I are at a loss as to what to do next. We went ahead and re-sent the proof of payment and also sent support check for months of May but who knows if they are going to read those papers because the didn't real the last ones we sent. I hope someone reads this and can offer some help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential