• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My Info on Company tax document?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

quincy

And this information is required for a tax document? Interesting.

Jhope should have his employer's document personally reviewed by an attorney in his area.

quincy

Perhaps that is why Jhope's employer is requesting the information. Because of California's privacy laws, there can be an issue in how information that includes a social security number can be transmitted.

Jhope should have all facts personally reviewed by an attorney in his area since he already has questions about his employer.

Jhope7

Yes. I see. :)

If Jhope has questions about the tax document he is being asked to supply information for, however, we cannot advise him on this forum. We cannot review the document.

Jhope will need to seek assistance in his area from a legal professional.
I agree that the document more than likely should not have the social security number on it. I also question the address.

An attorney really should take a look at what this employer is up to.
Yeah I feel like my home address is just a little much. Not sure why that would be required at all on a document that isn’t employment papers for my employer. I am verifying with an attorney. Thanks for the responses all. PS, I am a her not a him :)

quincy

Yeah I feel like my home address is just a little much. Not sure why that would be required at all on a document that isn’t employment papers for my employer. I am verifying with an attorney. Thanks for the responses all. PS, I am a her not a him :)
Oops. I apologize for the gender error.
:)

I think a personal review by an attorney in your area is smart.

It is entirely possible that the information being requested of you by your employer is, indeed, necessary. I hesitate to say it is without knowing more about the document.

Good luck, Jhope.

Just Blue

As an aside...Back in the day, when I first started post on FA, my user name was baystategirl. I can't tell you how many members, new and not so new, called me "sir". :D

quincy

lol...not you Q. I think we just get a "image" of someone by the way they write. Sometimes that "image" is gender wrong. Does that make sense?
Yup.

I remember a thread from long ago (when I was a relatively new member) on whether gender-based websites were legal. The discussion in the thread wandered - as threads are apt to do - to a discussion of my gender. Members could not quite figure me out. Haha. :)

Just Blue

Yup.

I remember a thread from long ago (when I was a relatively new member) on whether gender-based websites were legal. The discussion in the thread wandered to my gender. Members could not quite figure me out. Haha. :)
See..I always figured you for a guy cause of your user name. I always had a "thing" for JK as Quincy. Kinda sexy...;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">