• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My life insurance rep refuses to talk to me because I'm dealing with a viatical

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sparrowhawk

What is the name of your state: Nevada

I am a stage 4 breast cancer patient with a $25,000 group life insurance policy that was on a disability premium waiver. Now that it's off the waiver, I need it converted to an individual policy.

A viatical company has offered to buy my insurance policy, contingent on getting the policy converted to an individual policy. My local insurance rep found out that I am dealing with a viatical.

The rep says that the insurance company does not endorse viaticals, so he won't help me convert the policy. The company won't give me a new insurance agent.

The conversion must happen soon or I lose the policy altogether, which means no cash from the viatical AND no life insurance policy. Help!!

Betty

Can you call the ins. co. & ask to speak to a mgr. (or someone higher up)
& see if they will deal with your directly & see what they say about what
you want to do?

Snowmen321

The conversion must happen soon or I lose the policy altogether, which means no cash from the viatical AND no life insurance policy. Help!!
Oh no, sounds like a very frusterating situation, I wish you all the best and hope it works out!

Last edited by a moderator:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">