• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My mom hit my neighbors car

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

daisy232627

What is the name of your state? Texas

Hello
I live in a duplex and me and my very rude unfriendly neighbor both park on a gravel area in our back yard. My mother borrowed my car very early one morning and backed into my neighbors vehicle. The damage is a very small dent and scratch in the front quarter panel. My mother talked to her and she agreed to let her pay for the damages out of pocket instead of claiming it on my insurance (I only have liability). Well before the week was up the lady got got 1 estimate for 3500.00 (for a dodge neon) and wanted 1000.00 immediatly. When my mother suggested she get an est. at another place she refused and said she was going to give my plate # to her ins. co. so they could claim it on my on my ins. Anyway, I was told that she could not do that because it was on private property and I was not driving. Is there any truth to this? We are not trying to get out of fixing the damage, my mother is willing to pay the cost to fix it with-in reason. I don't want this claimed on my insurance, can I get out of this?

Thank You for your advise

Daisy

Some Random Guy

Take pictures of this $3500 scratch before it gets repaired and all evidence is gone.

As for filing this with insurance, I don't see what private property has to do with this. Her car is damaged no matter where the accident occurred. I believe that if your mom has insurance, then her insurance will be the primary, followed by yours.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">