• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My mother had another will and her attorney will not recognize it.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cbetchan

What is the name of your state? Washington State. My mother had my daughter type up a new will. When she died last year my daughter took it to the attorney's office. He said that it was not a valid living will even though he knew it was my mother's signature on the will since he had been her attorney for years. I had to hire him to get me named as her executor because her old will stated that my step-father was her executor and they had not been together for years. Not only that she had changed alot of things in her will. My mother still owed this attorney a debt and after she died, he assigned that debt to me and was charging interest on this debt. I found a bill from him to my mother that was dated 1 month before her death. It says she owed him 1200 dollars. And after her death, he said that she owed him over 2000 dollars. I even have copies of checks that show she had paid several payments since that invoice. And since my mom lived with me, I know she had not used him since febuary of that year. I need to know how to go about getting him to correct that bill and stop trying to steal money from her estate and to acknowledge the second will.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">