• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My mother stole my passport and the police wouldn't help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jessie7

I'm 19 from UK, I called the police because my mom had taken my passport and refuses to give it back to me, and they said they wouldn't help me because they consider me "vulnerable" only because I have aspergers, even though I financially support myself and have my own place, and the social services wouldn't help me either. Ps: my mother has mental disorders way worse than mine to be my safe guardian, so what can I do to that can help me?

LdiJ

I'm 19 from UK, I called the police because my mom had taken my passport and refuses to give it back to me, and they said they wouldn't help me because they consider me "vulnerable" only because I have aspergers, even though I financially support myself and have my own place, and the social services wouldn't help me either. Ps: my mother has mental disorders way worse than mine to be my safe guardian, so what can I do to that can help me?
I would suggest replacing your passport with a new one...and then keeping it in a much safer place than where you kept the previous one.

jessie7

I would suggest replacing your passport with a new one...and then keeping it in a much safer place than where you kept the previous one.
I need documents to apply for a new passport which my mother took as well such as birth certificate and change of name deeds.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
This board deals with legal issues in the US. The law in the US and the UK is not the same.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">