• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My Mother the Benificary

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

John Vance

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?Utah; Before my Mother passed away she talked about a payed up life insurance policy which she was named the benificary. Nothing was done or nothing was found after her dealth, but she mention that it was with Benificial Life Insurance Company. I would like to know what I can do to locate and collect on this.

nextwife

John Vance said:
Before my Mother passed away she talked about a payed up life insurance policy which she was named the benificary.

Yes, but WHO was the insured party, are they deceased, and who was the owner of the policy and might they have changed the beneficiary????

J

John Vance

Mothr's Pay life Insurance

Utah; In answer to your question, the person who purchased the life insurance policy passed away. This took place in the late 1940's. No, the benificary was not changed.

Dandy Don

Do you know how to contact Beneficial?

Mother may or may not have been sure about the information she received. If she didn't receive the payout as a beneficiary while alive, it is possible that this money remained unclaimed and possibly may have been reported to the state unclaimed property department (if there was such a department back in the 1940's) but it is uncertain as to whether the insurance company would now have access to records so far back and it is also possible that the name of Beneficial could have changed if it was bought out by other companies. Check with your state's unclaimed property website and do a search on your mother's name to see if it is perhaps still being held by them.

Also look at the decedent's probate file (the person who named your mother as beneficiary) to see if perhaps there is a mention of the policy in the financial documentation papers in the file.

DANDY DON IN OKLAHOMA ([email protected])

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">