• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My neighbors are driving me nuts

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

Carlos D

Well I live in Las Vegas, NV and my neighbor is building a wall ilegaly on the property line. He has a permit for a wall that's totaly on his property, but the wall is clearly on the property line. Also he has wiring to put lights on his wall, but he doesn't have the permit for that.

Now my problem is that during the consturction of his wall he purposly damaged the footing of my wall and built his wall attached to mine. Also his wall is starting to tilt and it's already knocking my wall off to the side.

I am wondering if there is any way for me to sue him for the damage that he has caused to my wall, and if so what channels should I go through to do this.

Thank You For Your Time,
Carlos D

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Carlos D said:
Well I live in Las Vegas, NV and my neighbor is building a wall ilegaly on the property line. He has a permit for a wall that's totaly on his property, but the wall is clearly on the property line. Also he has wiring to put lights on his wall, but he doesn't have the permit for that.

Now my problem is that during the consturction of his wall he purposly damaged the footing of my wall and built his wall attached to mine. Also his wall is starting to tilt and it's already knocking my wall off to the side.

I am wondering if there is any way for me to sue him for the damage that he has caused to my wall, and if so what channels should I go through to do this.

Thank You For Your Time,
Carlos D

My response:

You might try "channel 6".

If that doesn't work, then take your pictures, estimates for repair, your survey, and your expert in wall construction, with you to Small Claims court.

Go to the Clark County courthouse and get the pamphlets on Small Claims court, and get all of the necessary court forms. Read everything carefully.

Good luck to you.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">