• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My own company and EB-3

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

FlyingRon

Hello. Is it possible if my own LLC or C-Corp in US will sponsor me EB-3? Currently I live in Russia.
C Corp is not an entity in the US. It's just a corporation. S Corp vs. C Corp is purely a taxation election.

The answer is likey, no to both. You just can have a sham corporation get a labor certification. It has to be an existing US Corporation that can demonstrate solvency and that that has a position that can't be met with qualified US workers. They'd see through your attempt to get around the immigration laws with such a dodge in a heartbeat.

LdiJ

C Corp is not an entity in the US. It's just a corporation. S Corp vs. C Corp is purely a taxation election.
I am going to disagree with this. A Corporation is certainly an entity in the US.

The answer is likely, no to both. You just can have a sham corporation get a labor certification. It has to be an existing US Corporation that can demonstrate solvency and that that has a position that can't be met with qualified US workers. They'd see through your attempt to get around the immigration laws with such a dodge in a heartbeat.
This part is likely. Although if enough money is invested into the company a business visa eventually allowing for a green card IS possible, assuming that the business has a solid bricks and mortar operation. I have half a dozen or so clients who came into the US on a business visa legally and eventually got a green card as a result. Most of them own restaurants and employ US citizens. A couple of others have other kinds of businesses and employ US citizens.

wildstalker

I am going to disagree with this. A Corporation is certainly an entity in the US.

This part is likely. Although if enough money is invested into the company a business visa eventually allowing for a green card IS possible, assuming that the business has a solid bricks and mortar operation. I have half a dozen or so clients who came into the US on a business visa legally and eventually got a green card as a result. Most of them own restaurants and employ US citizens. A couple of others have other kinds of businesses and employ US citizens.
I plan to create entity in US for doing business (online retail), not a sham corporation for tricks with GC only. But if this will allow to recieve GC it will be good deal ) I will can show real operation. How long my cmpany must operate for this? Must I employ US citizens?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I plan to create entity in US for doing business (online retail), not a sham corporation for tricks with GC only. But if this will allow to recieve GC it will be good deal ) I will can show real operation. How long my cmpany must operate for this? Must I employ US citizens?
Actually, it would be a sham...there would be no physical presence in the US, as you describe it.

LdiJ

You are not going to get a business visa for an online operation. You might get a visa for a fulfillment center located in the US and employing US citizens.

FlyingRon

I didn't say otherwise. Can you not read? I said a "C Corp" is not an entity. The entity is just a CORPORATION. S/C corp is a tax election.

Yes, but as I said, it needs to be a going concern before they can get a labor certification for an EB-3. There are other types of visas that allow one to start businesses in the US, but just creating a corporation (no matter how much money you transfer to it), isn't going to do it.

LdiJ

I didn't say otherwise. Can you not read? I said a "C Corp" is not an entity. The entity is just a CORPORATION. S/C corp is a tax election.

Yes, but as I said, it needs to be a going concern before they can get a labor certification for an EB-3. There are other types of visas that allow one to start businesses in the US, but just creating a corporation (no matter how much money you transfer to it), isn't going to do it.
I think I used the term "solid bricks and mortar operation". I would hope that would indicate a going concern.

FlyingRon

Use of a non-immigrant visa to game the system into allowing you to immigrate is an illegal use of such (B1/B2).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">