• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

my parents not assoc with me want extra time

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bflo_laner

What is the name of your state? NY

My Ex wife is the custiodial parent of my two children. My Parents do not speak with or associate with me. I have full visitation(up to 4 days a week some weeks).

I do not want my parents to watch my kids during any part of my custiodial time. They have full access to my children when they are with their mother.

Do I have a right to keep them from seeing their grandparents during my time?

They have made the choice not to associate with me. But request that I give up my time so they can spend extra time with them.

BelizeBreeze

bflo_laner said:

My Ex wife is the custiodial parent of my two children. My Parents do not speak with or associate with me. I have full visitation(up to 4 days a week some weeks).

I do not want my parents to watch my kids during any part of my custiodial time. They have full access to my children when they are with their mother.

They have made the choice not to associate with me. But request that I give up my time so they can spend extra time with them.
Of course you do. Just tell them to get lost.

knd2517

bflo_laner said:

I wouldn't worry about it. Tell them no, you're the parent and deserve every minute with your kids that you get.

In order for them to sue, they would have to sue your ex since she's custodial and you would be named in the order. No court in NY is going to take away your time. They would be more likely to grant time that is your ex wifes.

Another case of grandparents thinking they deserve more time with the kids than the parents. Pathetic.

KND

Rushia

bflo_laner said:

Hey!! This sounds like what my x is going thru with his parents too, although I don't allow the GP's to have any of my time. PM me we'll talk. I am guessing from your handle that you're in Buffalo? I'm very close to there. There's another poster that can help you too if you need her (Ldij).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">