• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My parents own a vape shop in nc can they hire me to work the register if im 17.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Kdog5682

I live in North Carolina and I want to know if I can work In my parents vape shop at 17. Typically working the register or doing inventory

xylene

Why do you believe you can't work there?

It seems persons under 18 can sell tobacco products and

I suggest you direct this question and the detailed specifics to the North Carolina Department of Revenue which regulates these matters.

FlyingRon

As far as the statutes go, it appears it is not illegal for you to handle these materials in the course of your duties. Your parent's business insurance or perhaps their own GOOD SENSE likely prohibits you from working there.

The NC legislature loves preempting local laws on these things and such is the case with this one (this is an outgrowth of the old Jim Crow laws here and later just straight Republican authoritarianism to thwart more liberal treatment in urban (read black) areas,. The inherent racism of this state still makes me ill.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">