• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My Payee is going to make it difficult to get my SSDI

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisabledGeek89

What is the name of your state?Virginia

My Mother who is my payee for my SSDI is threatening to make it much more difficult to get my SSDI. I need it to buy food and pay my debt. She was using PayPal to send me my money but now she won't do it because of a personal disagreement and she is being completely unreasonable. She is even threatening to try to take my SSDI from me. (She is calling her case manager over this)Do I have anything I can do to take action against her? I am honestly concerned here. She is doing all this over a personal disagreement. Can I have her labeled mentally unfit to be a payee?

EDIT-She IS going try to cut me off. So what can I do?

Last edited:

quincy

What is the name of your state?Virginia

My Mother who is my payee for my SSDI is threatening to make it much more difficult to get my SSDI. I need it to buy food and pay my debt. She was using PayPal to send me my money but now she won't do it because of a personal disagreement and she is being completely unreasonable. She is even threatening to try to take my SSDI from me. (She is calling her case manager over this)Do I have anything I can do to take action against her? I am honestly concerned here. She is doing all this over a personal disagreement. Can I have her labeled mentally unfit to be a payee?
I believe your question here was answered in your previous thread. I added a link to that thread below.

https://forum.freeadvice.com/threads/getting-full-control-of-my-ssdi.658896/

DisabledGeek89

She is threatening to take my money do I have legal action I can take against her? I can't afford to lose any of my money. Can she do that?

quincy

Did you re-read the advice provided you previously? Did you see your physician? Did your physician fill out SSA Form 787, Statement of Capability?

You need to start with that.

DisabledGeek89

I did, he sent it, I might still need to go in. However I made an honest mistake and forgot to renew my ID and had to wait for the paperwork in the mail and by the time I got COVID had shutdown the DMV. I am not sure what I can do. I am afraid.

quincy

I did, he sent it, I might still need to go in. However I made an honest mistake and forgot to renew my ID and had to wait for the paperwork in the mail and by the time I got COVID had shutdown the DMV. I am not sure what I can do. I am afraid.
You can contact SSA and explain your situation.

quincy

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">