• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My real identity

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I have been running a YouTube channel now for almost 2 years under a fake name. I opened it with a separate email address and the only person that requested my actual name was PayPal. A few days ago a person on Twitter who claims to be able to see peoples IP address’s etc. put up my real last name and my age and the state that I live in and is threatening to give my information out on the Internet. Is that legal? You should also know that he claims he got the information from PayPal and of course PayPal denies it.

adjusterjack

There's no law against it. There's many ways of finding out your identity.

If you are making enemies on Twitter, maybe you should just stay off Twitter.

Why is this person picking on you? There must be a story there.
His name is (name removed) He is the CEO of a company that he started that’s run by crowdfunding, (name removed). . Supposedly this finds hate accounts against (names removed). .A news outlet (name removed) actually interviewed him but didn’t bother to do a background check on him because he runs one of the hate accounts against the royal family.. so I did one of my videos on the company and he tweets that he sent out. And this is his response…..
He was exposed as a liar and a man who is in bankruptcy

quincy

I have been running a YouTube channel now for almost 2 years under a fake name. I opened it with a separate email address and the only person that requested my actual name was PayPal. A few days ago a person on Twitter who claims to be able to see peoples IP address’s etc. put up my real last name and my age and the state that I live in and is threatening to give my information out on the Internet. Is that legal? You should also know that he claims he got the information from PayPal and of course PayPal denies it.
I have reported your latest post to the administrator of this site for your use of real names - and to protect you from a potentially very costly defamation suit filed against you.

There are SO many ways for anyone to unmask anonymous users online but most of the unmaskers are found to be friends, relatives, or close acquaintances of the person who was trying to remain anonymous.

zddoodah

I opened it with a separate email address
Separate from what?

A few days ago a person on Twitter who claims to be able to see peoples IP address’s etc. put up my real last name and my age and the state that I live in and is threatening to give my information out on the Internet.
What information?

Is that legal?
Depends on what information he/she is threatening to disseminate. If it's just your name, age and state of residence, it's not illegal.

quincy

Separate from what?

What information?

Depends on what information he/she is threatening to disseminate. If it's just your name, age and state of residence, it's not illegal.
A lot of information was edited out of Longsally1112’s post. Essentially, Longsally1112 has been operating a YouTube channel under an assumed name. One of Longsally’s videos caught the attention of a man who discovered the real name behind the YouTube account and is now disclosing this information to others.

There is little Longsally can do about it now. She has been unmasked, for better or worse, and no longer has her YouTube channel alias to hide behind. The YouTube channel’s content is now linked to a real person.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">