• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

my rights as a minor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

GirlyGirl

I am a 16 year old girl from Iowa and i want to move out of my parents home and live on my own. My parents are great people but I feel like a prisoner in my own home. They have set up a video camera to watch my every move and I THINK they are even recording my telephone conversations. Now I would like some privacy. Right now I'm grounded and I'm not giving my parents trouble out of respect to them. I have thought about running away but before i go to extreams i thought i would look into any legal ways of getting out of the house. I really hate the fact that i cant see or talk to any of my friends or that my parents wont let me get a job. I love my parents but they dont understand me they make fun of me for trying to find faith ( i've been studying up on religion alot since i've been grounded to pass the time ) but my friends do understand me i dont think i can take this much longer. I think im mature and responsible enough to get and hold a job and finish high school without my parents help. Please help me with some legal advise on emancipation laws in Iowa. Thank You!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">