• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My Rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

TWILKINS5

What is the name of your state? DE

EIGHT AND A HALF YEARS AGO WE MOVED INTO MY FATHER IN LAWS HOME. HIS NEW WIFE SENT US AN EMAIL AND TOLD US WE HAVE 60 DAYS TO VACATE OR SHE WOULD HAVE THE SHERIFF REMOVE US.
I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF WE HAVE ANY LEGAL RIGHTS. THIS NOTICE IS UNEXPECTED, WE DO NOT HAVE A LEASE OR ANY OTHER WRITTEN AGREEMENT. WE HAVE PAID ALL THE UTILITIES AND THE PROPERTY/SEWER TAXES ON THE PROPERTY. ANY ADVICE?

THANKS

A

ahutchGA

I'm sorry I don't have any advice for you, but please don't use the "All Caps" button when typing messages. It's really hard to read, and is considered shouting.

Good luck to you.
:)

T

TWILKINS5

DE: No, the father in law is alive and well. Thanks for replying

M

michael parks

Who's name is on the deed to the house?

If he had the deed changed to include his wife then YES she can ask you to vacate. Becuase she is an OWNER of the house.

If his name is the only name on the house then HE has to ask you to leave.

UNLESS your father in law is senile and she has power of attorney, then she can make deciesions in his name.

PS the new wife is a dope.....a sherriff can only remove you AFTER you had your day in court... and LOST!!!

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">