• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

my rights?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rpetro2004

I have lived with my boyfriend for the past 4 years and he is trying to kick me out immediately. I do not have a place to move to yet but I am working to do so. Everything in the house belongs to me and I don't want to leave it until I'm able to find a place to move it to. What are my rights?

Just Blue

I have lived with my boyfriend for the past 4 years and he is trying to kick me out immediately. I do not have a place to move to yet but I am working to do so. Everything in the house belongs to me and I don't want to leave it until I'm able to find a place to move it to. What are my rights?
What state?

rpetro2004

it is not a rental - he owns the house and I pay him for expenses to live here including taxes. I am not listed on the deed and we do not have a rental contract.

RJR

it is not a rental - he owns the house and I pay him for expenses to live here including taxes. I am not listed on the deed and we do not have a rental contract.
Visit your local library, the Main branch if possible, they have reference books by NOLO for Ohio, Landlord - Tenant Laws or Tenants Legal guide. Browsing through them, also online reading, as others have said, will help you get a better legal grasp.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
He needs to give you 30 days notice from the beginning of the rental period. If he gives you it today in writing, you have June 1 to move.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">