• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My sister won't give me a copy of the will

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Star43

What is the name of your state? MA

My sister flew up from Fl, Mom passed in Sept. She is the executor. She told me not to show up at Moms house while she was in MA., so she could have closure on Moms passing. I assured her I would leave her alone.

Now, 5 days later, after she spread Moms ashes, (she hates me and split the ashes in 2 and sent Moms remains to me in a plastic bag), I find out that a truck is coming and taking all Moms personal belongings away. Her husband and her will not speak to me. they say they will give me a copy of the will and a key to Moms house when they leave(when they are safely on the plane).

Moms house was put in my name and hers over 3 yrs ago. It is not part of the estate. Mom had a will made 3 yrs ago that said we would split everything 50/50. Well Mom had dementia and my sister unduley influenced her it seems. There may be a new will, I have no clue. So, I sent my husband over there tonight to see how I was going to retrieve the possesions, her husband hid behind the door, said they will give me a copy of the will when they leave, and my husband saw boxes packed and alot of things were gone. My Mom never put in writing exactly what each one of us should recieve. Is my evil sister allowed to do this? She is giving everything away just so I don't get anything. Aren't I supposed to get a copy of the will before she goes dispersing things? How am I supposed to contest a will, if everything is gone and they are back in FL?

Of course I don't understand how anybody could live with themselves, My Mom said specifically she wanted my little girl to get her bedroom set. Now, I'll probably go to the house and nothing will be there? Is this legal?

When we sell the house, should I get a lawyer? Could she do something underhanded and take my name off the deed? As it is, she hid my Nanas assets, that is why the deed is 75% in her name and 25% in mine. Can I make her give my Nana back her money. Mom and Nana bought the house outright, no mortgage, 10 yrs ago, and Nana lives in assisted living now, that is why they put the house in our names. What can I do? Shes leaving the state in 2 days HELP!

JETX

With the urgency of their packing and leaving the jurisdiction of the court, I would advise you to talk to a probate attorney right away. He can advise you on what rights you might have and how to exercise them. When the contents of the house are all 'on the road' is NOT the time to try to resolve this issue.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">