• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My sister's revenge

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

eerelations

I understand that much. But how is it possible that she is able to do this? It is not right
She can do this because anyone can do this to anyone, at any time. If the people they do this to are innocent of what they're charging them with, they are pronounced "not guilty" in court, and voila! the charges go away.

If you are pronounced not guilty in court, you might consider speaking to an attorney at that time about defamation and damages.

quincy

Background check company reports can show arrests, charges and convictions. These records and (some) court hearings are public records, accessible by anyone.

You should be able to seal or expunge any arrest that does not result in a charge, any charge that does not result in a conviction, and some convictions (after a period of time).

False accusations can result in charges but charges without sufficient evidence should not result in a conviction.

It appears you need an attorney in your area to help you with the current charge and to put a halt to your sister's harassment. I suggest you keep a good record of all that your sister is doing and saying, this in case a police complaint or a civil action must be pursued against her in the future.

Good luck.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">