• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My son is currently serving 2 life sentences plus 10 years.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
My son was sentenced to 2 life sentences plus 10 years in the state of Georgia in Gwinnett County. He is currently serving this time in Calhoun Prision, he has served 4 years now, I am pleading for any advice on what I need to do to have his sentence reduced. At the trial he was accused of getting in the car with a lady at around 1:00am and she drove down the street, then he put her and her child out of the car, she also stated that he hit her. He was convicted of 2 counts of kidnapping and 1 count of carjacking, he was 17 years old when this happened no one was their to witness this crime but the police found his wallet in the back of the girls car, they picked him up the next morning. The public defender offered him 20 years do 10 but Jerry (my son) counldn't remember doing any thing like that and chose to go to court. I'm sure the Judge and the DA were very upset because he wouldn't take the plea they had already made up in their minds that he was guilty. I'm not saying my son should have walked away free, but the crime and the time he got just was a bit much don't you think? I did get a lawyer and we tried to appeal it, it has been denied 3 times. I come to you to asking you to please help me and my son. I can be reached at santash57@yahoo.


Senior Member
You already did everything you can do by hiring a lawyer and going through the appeals process. I don't think anything else could be done.


Senior Member
"but the crime and the time he got just was a bit much don't you think?"

Not really.

How much prison time do you believe he deserves for carjacking, kidnapping two people, assault, and battery?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential