• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My son

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



My son was arrested in June, 1998, on drug conspiracy charges here in Missouri.He was involved in a drug conspiracy with three other people, equally. However, the others only recieved 2 1/2 years or less. He had a court appointed attorney, as he, nor us had the means to hire one. Need I say, the attorney did nothing to help him. She would not accept his calls and only saw him two times from the time he was arrested untill his sentencing.He was sentenced May, 1999. He was sentenced 5 years State and 17 1/2 years Federal.
My son was paroled from the State Correctional Center on March 24, 2000. The Feds have him in a holding jail at the present time, awaiting a Federal Correctional Center.
He wants to file a 2255 Motion, ineffective council, but we can't seem to find out if there is a time limit on this or not.
He has no attorney and needs one really bad.
Is there any way he can have a Federal attorney appointed to him since he can't afford one?
I am hoping and praying that there is someone out there that can help me...to help my son?

Worried Mom

[This message has been edited by trishlee7 (edited March 29, 2000).]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential