• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My son's in trouble

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

thebee

What is the name of your state? Va.
My son is 13, he had a little girlfriend a few months back, while with her his behavoir was horrible, come to find out she was very demanding and wanted to fall asleep together on the phone every night, ect..
to make a long story short, a few days ago my son was on the computer and he got an instant message from her brother, this kid said he had 27 guns and was going to shoot my son in the head... my son replied make it good cuz if you don't I'll kill you, or something like that. its kid crap,, any way, the mother of this girl, filed a complaint and now we are going to court for threats on the internet, 1st my son wasn't even talking to her,, 2nd, the messages can be changed and then saved, I am afraid this vindictive little girl is going to destroy my son, he is already worried about playing football with her brother at school, any thoughts??

Jeter

"this kid said he had 27 guns and was going to shoot my son in the head... my son replied make it good cuz if you don't I'll kill you, or something like that. its kid crap,,"

Any thoughts?.....

Yes, just one. Columbine. Guess that was just kid crap too. You're a f***ing moron. Obviously your son doesn't know any better. Why should he when you blame everyone else for his actions.

Jeter

My son is 13, he had a little girlfriend a few months back,
that's the first problem.

come to find out she was very demanding
that's the second problem.
wanted to fall asleep together on the phone every night, ect..
that's the third problem.

Next, you'll be posting that every 13 year old in the neighborhood wants to come live at your house and you'll be asking how to get the parents to help you feed them all. Afterall, why wouldnt a 13 year old want to live in a house where there are obviously no rules?

My son will be 13 in a month and a half. He does not now have nor will he anytime in the near future have "a little girlfriend". Or permission to be on the phone all night. There is a little girl he likes, so I invited her to MY HOME and met her and her mother, exchanging phone numbers and chatting with the mom so I know what kind of person SHE is. As I do with ALL my son's friends. And yes, my son complains that I know EVERYTHING about his life. My answer? "If you want to have a life, I will know everything about it."

He sees this girl in school. They talk at school, not on the phone. He has permission to invite her here, when I am home and I treat her like I treat ALL his friends. Offer sodas and cookies and put in an age appropriate movie or video game, while I sit in the next room 'making myself busy'.

You dont want to end up in court with your child? Treat him like a child. Unless of course you are looking forward to be a grandparent before you are the parent of a high school graduate.

Last edited:
T

thebee

didn't know I was posting to a judgement board, thought it was for legal advise, first, I would just like to say that by kid crap, I meant meaningless threats, like kids do , not all kids who treaten others are phyco's,, next my son is now 14, but he is also 6 foot tall wears a 14 shoe and has a full beard, he weighs 190 pounds, he is my middle son the oldest being 26, , he has rules, he had a phone in his room, when I discovered what was happening I removed it, as far as girlfriend goes she was a girl and a friend, they weren't engaged or any thing,I had meet her parents her father is on the school board, nice people, I don't know, but sorry I asked here,

A

ahutchGA

Not...

The Bee,

It's true that not all kids who threaten each other are psychos. Bullying has been going on since Biblical times and probably before that.

But Columbine and Heritage High School here in GA have taught everybody that you can't ignore these kinds of remarks, "kid crap" though they might be.

And especially after Sept. 11, we live in a different time now. Threats of any kind are now taken more seriously, instead of being laughed off.

I definitely don't know your entire situation, but from what little you've posted, I gather that your sons have the run of the house. If they have rules, they are not strictly enforced becuase the children are probably as bigl as or bigger than you.

If your son is charged, meeting up with the brother on the football field is going to be the least of his worries.

T

thebee

Thank you, I do appreciate what you are saying, and I agree, my son and this boy have had 2 weeks of practice and 2 games under their belt, no problems, my son did not threaten him , he treatened my son, my son replied to him in another treat, he no longer has computer privileges. My boys are big and I am 5 foot 5, but they don't intimidate me, my oldest has been in navy and now is in an apprentice program for nuclear welding, this is his 4th and final year, I have what I believe to be good children, good grades well liked, respectful, athletic, but my question was , my son responded with a threat and it was over the internet, and I was worried about it messing up his future, not that there is no lesson to be taught, but wondered if any one had had this experience, the court ordered him an attorney, I do thank you,

ellencee

thebee
I am probably missing the whole point of why you are such a numbskull and your parenting is so disasterous, but it could be because I'm from GA and this thing about falling asleep while on the phone is not news to me--my daughters used to try and do with this their girlfriends, and hopefully they aren't in the closet with a story I don't want to hear.

I'm wondering why you haven't gone for some kind of out of court managment of this issue. Your son didn't instigate these threats; he responded to a threat to his life--27 threats to his life (one per gun). Dad is on the school board and his son is threatening to kill a fellow student and the son has a hoarde of guns---let's see--child endangerment; some law about firearms and proper storage where kids can't get to them or fire them if accessed---

exactly what kind of an attorney do you have, a enuch?

I don't know what part of GA you're in either, but if you're near Central GA--get Buafo for your attorney--don't let her mohawk scare you--she's a legend and deservedly so. I think her first name is Althea.

kat1963

Ellecee, Virginia girl, poster is in VA...we don't have lawyers w/mohawks here Hon, at least not while they are sitting in the courtroom. They are forced however to wear pointy hats and leave their brooms in the parking lot....and that's the good ones. The bad ones have to wear hats with little propellers on top.

Thebee, what court is this being heard in? Was your son even arrested? Most (not all) juvi records here are destroyed once the offender turns 18. Have you heard anything since this has happened? Little visit from your local CPS unit perhaps?

KAT

ellencee

kat1963
thanks for the chuckle!:p
I don't think they really care in Central GA, at least, what the attorneys do with their hair--my favorite is the man who is bald except for that fringe around the bottom, and it's very long and in a ponytail. I don't think I could concentrate if I were the opposing attorney or the judge--I'd be fixated on his hair.

Buafo's mohawk was about 4 inches high the last time I saw her! Man, does she have some great furniture, though, and really great taste in interior design and decorating--awesome decor.

T

thebee

yes we went to court and they appointed him and attorney, now I hesitate to say this here, but now she is telling all the football players and cheerleaders that he gave her a drug and raped her, this was suppose to have happened back in May, while there is no truth to this, it is really upsetting to him, we have just informed the attorney of the new allegations, but I haven't heard anything yet, its almost like fatal attraction, she will not leave him alone

kat1963

*LOL* Do you think her girlfriend was the decorator? Oh, that's bad! hehehe I need a decorator that's for sure, nothing ever come out right!!!

Thebee, to be honest, I wouldn't take a court appointed attorney if it can be helped. What area are you in? Norfolk? If so I can give you a recommendation if you wish. If you haven't been to a top notch criminal attorney, I would at the very least, go in for a low/no cost consult. You could very well gain information.

As for little Missy, (I'm glad I didn't have girls!) I'd at least have the lawyer send her parents a letter...though, if they are anything like the biotroll in our life, they could care less. Hey, a little older and I'd say you were actually dealing with biotrolls daughter & son. Daughter has already accused a 3rd person of molesting her (likes the attention I guess). Poor guy was arrested, she never appeared in court to testify, he lost his job, who knows what else. Consequences for her? NONE.

Anyway, have you set up an appointed with the court appointed attorney?

KAT

T

thebee

yes and I actually know him, hired him for another reason a few years ago, he is yound and my son likes him too, I am over on the mountain side of va, near roanoke, little college town called radford, thanks for all your help, I appreciate you taking the time to answer, and not attacking, :)

P

Paperconcepts

Hi all
Been reading some very interesting posts on this one discussion - geez, I'd hate to be on your "poop list"!
But since some of the posters have insight into the Georgia courts, who is a "kickbutt" attorney in the Atlanta area specializing in Family Law? Attorney would be representing hubby (non custodial dad) for contempt charge (and we seem to be getting no where in trying to settle - ex not responding and 3 attempts to settle go unanswered)
Thanks

ellencee

I'm having one of my 'duh' days--I thought the original poster was from GA, but it's VA--
Is an attorney by the last name of Lentz still practicing family law there? If so he might be a good choice. In that area, you want to go with an attorney who knows the judge and his dad knew the judge's dad and the grandfathers knew each other and so on and politics is their middle name--look for attorneys with the last names of Childs, Groover, or Thornton. Other than those, I'm not familiar with the attorneys in that area.

P

Paperconcepts

Ellencee
Thanks so much. Will do some checking on those names!
If any others come to mind, YELL!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">