• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My visa has almost run out..............

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mrshrums

I am in Georgia.

I am from england and my visa has almost run out. i may be unable 2 leave the states at the moment, what are the reprecussions of staying an extra 6 months?

Thankyou

evcalyptos

mrshrums said:
I am in Georgia.

I am from england and my visa has almost run out. i may be unable 2 leave the states at the moment, what are the reprecussions of staying an extra 6 months?

Thankyou
What kind of visa?

evcalyptos

mrshrums said:
its a 3 month visa.
Totally insufficient. Did you apply for a visa at a US Consulate abroad? What's the lett/number on the visa? B-1 or B-2?
Did you enter visa-free on the Visa Waiver Program (from England, this would be the normal way).
If you entered on the VWP you do not have a visa. The VWP stay can NOT be extended in any way, shape or form.

The repercussions for overstaying by 6 months would be a 3-year ban from entry to the US.

If you physically can NOT leave the US due to injury, illness etc, contact an immigration attorney to buffer you from USCIS. If you ever plan to return to the US, that is. If you don't plan on returning, I guess it doesn't matter if you have a 3 year, 10 year or lifetime ban.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">