• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My wages were garnished and the payments stopped in early June, but they haven't paid the ticket? Now I can't get my license back, is this normal?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Camillerb96

So I got a speeding ticket and it went to garnishment payments, which were all paid in June. I received no information that my license had been revoked and that the ticket hadn't been paid. It's been over two months now and they haven't paid the collection agency yet so I can't can get my license back. Is this wage withholding? What can I do? I've contacted the collection agency, my work's HR department, ADP, and I haven't gotten anywhere! I got pulled over and now I'm heading to court to try and explain to the judge that there is no way for me to get my license back until my work can pay the garnishment to the collection agency. Please any advice!! I'm in Clark county, Washington.

quincy

Your post as written is confusing.

You say the garnishment payments ended in June but your employer has not paid the collection agency?

xylene

DO NOT DRIVE AGAIN UNTIL YOUR DRIVING PRIVILEGE IS RESTORED AND YOU ARE SURE OF IT!!!!

Be prepared for this new charge for driving unlicensed to go very badly.

You need a lawyer. You cannot explain away this serious issue of driving without a license.

You need a lawyer. Borrow money if you cannot afford a lawyer.

Depending on your original charges, driving record, and criminal history you are facing at least 1 year additional revocation or longer.

You need a lawyer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">