• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My wheels

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mikeagua

Wheels

Ford co. Replaced a caliper on my truck and broke and destroyed wheel and brakes. My custom wheel is discontinued so they want me to buy a set and pay half or pay me for my wheel that they cannot find which i will have an oddball. They fixed all the other parts but not my wheel

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
Ford co. Replaced a caliper on my truck and broke and destroyed wheel and brakes. My custom wheel is discontinued so they want me to buy a set and pay half or pay me for my wheel that they cannot find which i will have an oddball. They fixed all the other parts but not my wheel
Sorry to hear that. :cool:

quincy

It is nice that Ford has taken responsibility for the damage caused and is willing to work with you to find a solution.

Did you have a legal question?

adjusterjack

If somebody hits your car and damages your fender, they don't have to pay to paint the whole car, just the fender, even if the paint doesn't exactly match.

Ford is only responsible for the damaged item. That you had custom wheels is your problem.

You wrote discontinued which implies that the were not one-off so you can scour the used wheel places for a replacement or put a want ad out for a replacement. They are out there.

Also contact the manufacturer direct to see if there is any new old stock in a warehouse someplace and maybe get a list of dealers around the country that may have one left over.

I've been in the car hobby 50 years. Somebody's gonna have one.

Last edited:

quincy

Junk car lots can be a great source for replacements but advertising for another custom wheel would be smart (and probably easier).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">