• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My wife and her son

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Question: If she's rightfully entitled to wire marital funds to her son, do I have the right to do the same and wire money to anyone I like so there's no money on the account anymore? That way I don't put "an end on it". I just do what she does.
Legally speaking, the money is yours just as much as it's hers.
Logically speaking - get a divorce.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Question: If she's rightfully entitled to wire marital funds to her son, do I have the right to do the same and wire money to anyone I like so there's no money on the account anymore? That way I don't put "an end on it". I just do what she does.
That really is childish. You file for divorce, you show that she has been dissipating marital funds, ask that those funds be included in her equitable share of assets. Don't play games.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Diss
That really is childish. You file for divorce, you show that she has been dissipating marital funds, ask that those funds be included in her equitable share of assets. Don't play games.
Dissipating marital funds may not apply to that money when it comes to divorce.

clri000

I didn't say I've done that. I was merely asking you a question.

clri000

My marriage went the same way when my son became an addict and a criminal and my ex enabled him.

My advice: YOU file for divorce. Get a jump on her and get out. Take whatever lumps come your way. You'll survive and recover. I did.

Otherwise nothing changes and you'll sink further and further into the morass of despair.
So what became of her? ... or both?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">