• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

my wife lied about her birthdate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tony007

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? I have just recentley found out that my wife led me to believe that she was born in 1939 when in fact it was 1935. The problem is that I now have her wrong birthdate on two of my endowment policies taken out about 17 years ago. What is the policy of insurance companies regarding this. Thank you.:confused:

Dandy Don

Not a problem. Just notify the insurance companies of the new birthdate. It will be important if they want to confirm they have the right decedent after she has died. It would help if you could get her to obtain a certified copy of her birth certificate for her or for your personal records.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">