• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My wife was taken in for mtr

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dubdidit361

Texas

Ok. She had a state jail felony and a third degree felony in one county from years ago, she transferred it here to nueces co. She messed up and picked up a misdemonor and another state jail felony here. She got put on probation here soon after they violated her up there..she ended up doing 26 months all together between both charges..her last sti t was for four months I. Her first county. She was violated in nueces county for for not reporting because she was locked up. So she sees judge in her first county n gives her time served..because her time there and here in. Here's was enough to satisfy the court. So she has a warrant hear for the past year and a half she's doing good..drug free..working..not breaking the law..signed up for college etc...well the law caught up with her and took her In. Any chance she will get time served here as well?

PS I know alot of posters find it easy to make bad jokes and sarcastic remarks..it's the internet. It sucks to lose someone in this way. Please show some empathy

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Post Hx

There's no way we can guess in any valid way. She should speak to her attorney.

PayrollHRGuy

How is there any way anyone on the internet is going to be able to even guess without knowing what she was even charged with?

This is neither trying to make a joke or be sarcastic. You really need to hang around with a better class of people or sooner or later it will be you in jail.

Dubdidit361

Court appointed won't talk to clients until the day of court hearing. I understand. She's been the bread winner for last 3 weeks since I had gotten surgery on my back. I got do much of anything without out her. I'm in big trouble. Im gonna lose my place. I can't even do office work. I know you guys see people give aob stories all the time. I apologize. Anywho she just called and said she was indicted on her mtr..now I just need to get those records to her court appt lawyers and maybe get the ball rolling on getting her time served

quincy

Court appointed won't talk to clients until the day of court hearing. I understand. She's been the bread winner for last 3 weeks since I had gotten surgery on my back. I got do much of anything without out her. I'm in big trouble. Im gonna lose my place. I can't even do office work. I know you guys see people give aob stories all the time. I apologize. Anywho she just called and said she was indicted on her mtr..now I just need to get those records to her court appt lawyers and maybe get the ball rolling on getting her time served
You probably should look to state assistance while you recover from your surgery. You should probably not count on your wife being of any help to you.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
If you can't even do office work, then how do you plan to get records to her court appt lawyers?

quincy

Here is a link to Texas Health and Human Services:
https://yourtexasbenefits.hhsc.texas.gov

Your wife will need to rely on her court-appointed attorney. You cannot do much for her. If her probation is revoked, she will be heading back to jail/prison to serve out her sentence there.

Good luck, Dubdidit.

If you have additional questions relating to your wife's incarceration, please post them to this thread. Thanks.

Last edited:

Dubdidit361

Ok I'm back, well it's hard to trust the attorney when they have no idea that the defendant has been assigned to her. She told me she's overly busy and will visit the defendant the day before court lol..also I was talking to my paid attorney that I picked up for an old misdemeanor trespassing deal and he told me that that particular is not too good at all and to try to hire someone else. I may just do that. I. Going to speak to her tomorrow. As for my question though, if the lawyer isn't aware of back time from previous how would a civilian, plain ol me submit it to the courts for considerationbefore sentencing

quincy

Ok I'm back, well it's hard to trust the attorney when they have no idea that the defendant has been assigned to her. She told me she's overly busy and will visit the defendant the day before court lol..also I was talking to my paid attorney that I picked up for an old misdemeanor trespassing deal and he told me that that particular is not too good at all and to try to hire someone else. I may just do that. I. Going to speak to her tomorrow. As for my question though, if the lawyer isn't aware of back time from previous how would a civilian, plain ol me submit it to the courts for considerationbefore sentencing
You can have your wife present it to her attorney for consideration. Your wife's attorney really cannot be speaking to you about your wife's case, unless your wife has given her permission to do so.

If you want to look for another attorney for your wife, you can do that.

Dubdidit361

In short my wife isn't going to prison no thanks to the attorney. I had to make a scene and get thrown out to get the information to the judge but she got it and lifted my girls warrants and said dont mess up again..or so I'm guessing that's what was said.

The lawyer comes out and tells me she's coming out today just pay a 50 dollar bond

It's 30 hours later there is still no bound..from what I'm peicing together she aka the lawyer forgot to call down to misdameanor court and remind them she's been there for two weeks and haven't had a court day set. It's literally up to me..this lawyer is trash. She said I was suppose bro gather paper work and records for my girl.. WTH..oh aand i tried but married our not no one was able to help me they needed the lawyer to call but she never even answered my calls

ALawyer

It sounds as if your wife was assigned a public defender who is a combination of very over-worked, inexperienced or at least over her head, and not very on top of things. Unfortunately that's becoming all to common in many locations as funding dries up because people don't want to pay taxes to support a vibrant criminal justice system as that requires adequate resources being allocated for both prosecutors and public defense attorneys for those who can't afford private counsel. The entire criminal justice system depends on nearly all those accused entering into plea agreements and plea deals, as if everyone charged with a crime were to simply plead "not guilty" and demand a full trial the criminal court system in most locations would break down within a month.

quincy

Dubdidit has a history on this forum that might be worth your time to review, ALawyer.

Although I agree with you that, in general, public defenders in this country are overworked (they often have heavy caseloads), most attorneys who work as public defenders are good attorneys with courtroom experience often far greater than the average lawyer.

Because of heavy caseloads, few public defenders will have time to work with their clients on their cases AND extra time to respond to requests for information on these cases from their clients' family members (or close friends).

I am happy that Dubdidit was able to get information to the judge/public defender that he thought important, but it appears he risked jail time of his own in doing so.

Last edited:

Dubdidit361

She is very inexperienced, she admitted to having her first victory in court the day before lol..oh God..I'm mentally drained and smell like an underpaid lawyer from all bs if that makes sense.nahbyes incouldnof been thrown in jail but that's my wife..I couldn't imagine 9 months without her. I don't even see her as this criminal person she used to be before we met..she's a hard working,sweet, generous woman and I gladly take jail time for her if that was the consequence for my outburst.

It's terrible how they treat the inmates at the jail, if you do not have someone on the outside pushing things along on your behalf you are likely to get lost in the system. Last time I was there there was a guy who had to take a heart attack to get to the one gaurd in the whole jail who would listen! Turned out he was supposed to be released 90 days prior.

My wife also has a seizure condition and despite the other inmates telling the gaurds what was going on they ignored them, and said let her crack her skull first and then we will go in and help her. The nurse ordered her a mat but they refuse to give it. She ended up twisting her neck pretty bad when she fell. That jail is baaad. Bad bad bad. You got gaurds having sex with inmates, passing drugs for inmates..it's a shit show

Edit- is the site lagging for anyone else

quincy

You've had four long-time forum members respond to this thread of yours, and many other members respond to your various and assorted other threads.

Your latest post, however, does not ask a legal question. You are commenting on the jails and the justice system. FreeAdvice is not a discussion forum or chat room. You can find another site on the internet better for general talk.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">