• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My Wife's Entry to US

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? NJ

I have been recently approved for change of status from F1 to H-1B. My wife is outside the country right now and she is planning to apply for an H4 visa. Here, she has a little bit of her school left which I suppose she can pursue in H4 status. My question is that what documents she needs to bring for her visa application. Does she need an I-20 or affidavit of support to show she can pay for her school? What else would you recommend?

I appreciate any suggestion.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential