• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

names of lawyers in greenville sc that sued department of social services and won

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

brokenfamily

Please help, want custody of our grandchildren and want to sue sc dss, need lawyer that has sued and won cases against them. My husband and I live in NY and our grandchildren are in Foster Care in Greenville South Carolina. It has been over a year and a half since we reported abuse the children disclosed to us when they moved in with us December 2013. We first reported it where we live in NY, it was unfounded. Then our daughter decided to go back to the father (abuser) after NY said unfounded. We didnt feel our grandchildren would make such things up and went to our county family court to have her stopped. the judge did nothing. Then we reported it to SC and when they questioned the children, they were taken immediately. No one in the family was allowed to speak or see the children for over a year until My husband and I went to the finally court date and the judge realized Social Services didnt tell the whole story and gave my husband and I court ordered family therapy and then would in 6 months make a decision of the childrens life. We were told we had to become foster parents, have a fbi finger printing and background check, take abuse classes relevant to the abuse, etc. did all asked. Still the social services worker says she will make sure our family never gets any of the children and wants them adopted out separetely. The social worker lies, makes appointments and tells us after the appointment is over there was an appointment and she tried to reach us and sent a letter too, (our phone shows no calls from her and receive the appointment letter after appointment date, has us fly to sc for court date she knew was rescheduled, dosent follow the court order, the list goes on and on) we are terrified of losing our grandchildren because we wanted to protect them and do the "right thing". Sometimes we feel the worker may get a bonus to adopt them out. we cant figure out her motive. we have been cleared by new york and actually have the ny dss helping us, they cant figure out why they are doing what they are doing either. we have written, emailed and phoned anyone and everyone we thought could help us, all of our efforts get us no where. We have seen our grandchildren 2 times since this all began. All we feel we can do now is pray to god that the judge rules in our favor. Mean while we would like to sue the state of South Carolina or Greenville SC DSS for all the children and our family have been through and possibly NY CPS investigators as well for dropping the ball on these children. Please if anyone knows if anything can be done or if they know of lawyers willing to take on such a case please let us know. Thank you

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I'm sorry, but this forum cannot give referrals. Use the "Find a Lawyer" link on any page on this site. Good luck.

brokenfamily

Have you contacted anyone higher up the DSS "food chain"?

https://dss.sc.gov/content/about/contact.aspx
Yes, I have and above them and so on... I get no where. Its like they really dont care whats being done to our grandchildren and our family and im sure its happened to other families. its really awful. They basically can do whatever they want and get away with it. Im so scared Ill never see my grandkids again.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Yes, I have and above them and so on... I get no where. Its like they really dont care whats being done to our grandchildren and our family and im sure its happened to other families. its really awful. They basically can do whatever they want and get away with it. Im so scared Ill never see my grandkids again.
Has an ICPC been performed on your household?

Please help, want custody of our grandchildren and want to sue sc dss, need lawyer that has sued and won cases against them. My husband and I live in NY and our grandchildren are in Foster Care in Greenville South Carolina. It has been over a year and a half since we reported abuse the children disclosed to us when they moved in with us December 2013. We first reported it where we live in NY, it was unfounded. Then our daughter decided to go back to the father (abuser) after NY said unfounded. We didnt feel our grandchildren would make such things up and went to our county family court to have her stopped. the judge did nothing. Then we reported it to SC and when they questioned the children, they were taken immediately. No one in the family was allowed to speak or see the children for over a year until My husband and I went to the finally court date and the judge realized Social Services didnt tell the whole story and gave my husband and I court ordered family therapy and then would in 6 months make a decision of the childrens life. We were told we had to become foster parents, have a fbi finger printing and background check, take abuse classes relevant to the abuse, etc. did all asked. Still the social services worker says she will make sure our family never gets any of the children and wants them adopted out separetely. The social worker lies, makes appointments and tells us after the appointment is over there was an appointment and she tried to reach us and sent a letter too, (our phone shows no calls from her and receive the appointment letter after appointment date, has us fly to sc for court date she knew was rescheduled, dosent follow the court order, the list goes on and on) we are terrified of losing our grandchildren because we wanted to protect them and do the "right thing". Sometimes we feel the worker may get a bonus to adopt them out. we cant figure out her motive. we have been cleared by new york and actually have the ny dss helping us, they cant figure out why they are doing what they are doing either. we have written, emailed and phoned anyone and everyone we thought could help us, all of our efforts get us no where. We have seen our grandchildren 2 times since this all began. All we feel we can do now is pray to god that the judge rules in our favor. Mean while we would like to sue the state of South Carolina or Greenville SC DSS for all the children and our family have been through and possibly NY CPS investigators as well for dropping the ball on these children. Please if anyone knows if anything can be done or if they know of lawyers willing to take on such a case please let us know. Thank you
Hi, I know this is an old post however I am originally from NYC and I am now in Greenville, SC can you share with me who you found to advocate for you? Did you find an attorney you could recommend. The same thing is happening to me that happened to you. They stole my children and DSS is lying, fraud and the corruption is unbelievable here.

Just Blue

Hi, I know this is an old post however I am originally from NYC and I am now in Greenville, SC can you share with me who you found to advocate for you? Did you find an attorney you could recommend. The same thing is happening to me that happened to you. They stole my children and DSS is lying, fraud and the corruption is unbelievable here.
This thread is 5 years old. Please start you own thread if you have a question. The original poster to this thread hasn't been back in years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">