• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Nasty neighbours advise req

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

MARKK

i need help regarding some neighbours who dont like me !!!

firstly my immediate neighbours(nextdoor)are ok with me and what i do on my property.
the neighbours across the road have complained to the local city council about the amount of cars i have at my house - as i carry out minor repairs on my family vehicles.
i do not make unessecary mess or excess noise
i also have a couple of cars which i own that sit on my property and dont move very often and they have complained about these - can my local authority take any action against me ??????

any help will be appreciated cheers mark

ALawyer

This is not an insurance concern.

You live in a community and what you do on your land impacts the well being of neighbors and property values. Reading between the lines, it sounds as if you are in effect operating a junkyard / sometime auto repair shop on your land.

If you live in a wilderness area, and shield the eyesore from public view, that's fine. If however you live in in a residential neighborhood, it is an eyesore and neighbors are properly upset -- how would you feel if the neighbors started raising swine on their front lawn?

There usually are all sorts of zoning and other ordinances that govern these things, and if there aren't any, the local government can adopt them.

Why not just keep the one car you are working there, and tow the rest to some storage yard, and clean up the place?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">