• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Nationalizing a PCT with the USPTO

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

iassaf

Hi

I am a Canadian citizen/resident. I filed a PCT with the CIPO and have until the end of May to Nationalize with the USPTO. I've made minor amendments to the application to fix the defects cited by the searching authority. In addition, I've amended the claims (application is saved in Word format and track changes was enabled before the amendments).

Questions are:
1- Can I file myself (as a Canadian citizen residing in Canada)?
2- How complex the process is?
3- How would I file the amended application (fixed defects and amended claims)? The application is in Word format and Track changes was enabled before changes/amendments.
4- What forms are required for the Nationalizing process and the amendments process.

I don't have much money so I am trying to do as much as I can but if I have to hire somebody, I'll do that.

Thank You,

divgradcurl

Rather than go back-and-forth answering questions here, I strongly recommend you contact the PCT help desk at the USPTO -- they will be able to quickly answer all of your questions:

PCT Telephone and Facsimile Numbers

The PCT Help Desk, which provides information and assistance on the PCT process, may be reached by telephone at (571) 272-4300 between the hours of 9:00 am and 4:30 pm (EST/EDT), Monday through Friday or by facsimile (FAX) at (571) 273-0419 twenty-four hours a day.

The PCT Legal Office for petitions and other legal matters may be reached by facsimile (FAX) at (571) 273-0459 twenty-four hours a day.

The PCT Operations may be reached by facsimile (FAX) at (571) 273-3201 twenty-four hours a day.

PCT Legal Administration

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">