• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Native American Citizensip?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

edgar gillham

What is the name of your state? California. Is it possible for a white USA Citizen to become a naturalized Citizen of an Indian Nation?

HomeGuru

edgar gillham said:
What is the name of your state? California. Is it possible for a white USA Citizen to become a naturalized Citizen of an Indian Nation?

**A: this website deals in US laws only and not the laws of other nations.

HomeGuru

Halket said:
Depends. How many blankets and horses are you offering??

**A: you live in dark ages.
We used to take those items as bribes many moons ago. Times have changed. Now we only take cash and land.

E

edgar gillham

Come on, Guys

I have a sense of humor too, but I'm serious about this. My nephew is one eighth Indian, he's blond, 6 feet 4 inches tall, blue eyes, lives in Oklahoma, and gets perks I find hard to believe. I want in on it. Besides, I like the freedom, the fishing and hunting rights, religious freedom (peyote) etc.

JETX

Okay, then here is what you need to do....
Purchase 10 slot machines (or two gaming tables) and donate them to the nearest Indian tribe. They will very probably make you an 'honorary' member.

Seriously though.... in order to get 'certified' you must meet certain genetic requirements. I believe the minimum 'blood' is 1/16th.

E

edgar gillham

etc.

Guess that settles the matter, sounds like something Hitler would have thought up. Martin Luther King's quest was to judge a person by the content of their charactor, not the color of their skin. Seems we have a long way to go before realizing that "dream". As for treaties broken, the Government is an equal opportunity "treaty breaker", Federal income tax was a means of financing the war, promised to be recended as soon as the war ended, the Golden gate bridge was to eliminate tolls when the bridge was paid for, Social Security numbers were promised to never be required for identification, and for every "wounded Knee you mention I can site a Ruby Ridge or Waco. Adios EG.

abezon

Halket said:
Seriously though.... in order to get 'certified' you must meet certain genetic requirements. I believe the minimum 'blood' is 1/16th.
The requirements are set by each tribe. Some require 1/16th blood, some require matrilineal descent (Mom was native), some require only 1/64th (the Pequots of NY State). You have to be an enrolled member of a tribe to share in its benefits. You can only be enrolled in 1 tribe regardless of how many you qualify for.

FarmerJ

If you really wish to live on RES land then go speak with a tribal representitive of nearest RES BUT do expect you likely will never be allowed to own land and will be looked at as wierd by members of the tribe AND will have little if any rights and anything you become involved in that leads you into tibal court you will be dealt with according to tribal law .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">