• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

NC drug charges

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

45Frank

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NC
My daughter was taking kids home from work late one night something they all do from time to time. She had three friends (NOT) in her car. Anyway they came up to a check point and one of the kids jumped out and ran just as they approached, the officer asked who he was and they told him, asked for her ID and Ins and Reg no problem. Another officer seen what happened and asked to search the vehicle and of course she said OK. Well before leaving he stuffed weed and a pipe into the back seat and my daughter was charged with possession of less then 1/2 once and poss of paraphernalia. The slime ball was contacted and he agreed to go down and do the right thing and fess up. Well my daughter got a text from him saying his parents will not let him and he was sorry but to bad. He has left his job and changed his phone number. I don't want her to snitch but wil the law do anything since he was seen fleeing and the other two are willing to give him up?
She has never been in trouble, gets drug tested about once a month and never a problem and was looking into the Air Force after graduation. She has an appointment with an attorney next week. What could be the best and worse case scenario?
Thanks.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
My daughter was taking kids home from work late one night something they all do from time to time. She had three friends (NOT) in her car. Anyway they came up to a check point and one of the kids jumped out and ran just as they approached, the officer asked who he was and they told him, asked for her ID and Ins and Reg no problem. Another officer seen what happened and asked to search the vehicle and of course she said OK. Well before leaving he stuffed weed and a pipe into the back seat and my daughter was charged with possession of less then 1/2 once and poss of paraphernalia. The slime ball was contacted and he agreed to go down and do the right thing and fess up. Well my daughter got a text from him saying his parents will not let him and he was sorry but to bad. He has left his job and changed his phone number. I don't want her to snitch but wil the law do anything since he was seen fleeing and the other two are willing to give him up?
She has never been in trouble, gets drug tested about once a month and never a problem and was looking into the Air Force after graduation. She has an appointment with an attorney next week. What could be the best and worse case scenario?
Thanks.
You don't want her to snitch on a drug user who could not care less about her? Really? What about telling the truth and showing the police the texts. Get your daughter an attorney. Worse case is she is convicted and can kiss her dreams goodbye. Best case is she is found not guilty or the case is dismissed and then she can get it sealed.

45Frank

I did say but when it came to snitching and said the other two will admit that he was there and was the one who ran off. Just wondering if it would make a difference and if the law would care since she was charged.
Yes you are correct he could care less about her who he really didn't even know. Must be some kind of an *ss to do this to anyone actually!
Thank you.

45Frank

Went to an attorney and he couldn't give no guarantees obviously. He did say giving the kid up now is kind of late but since my daughter and the other two did tell the officer who the kid was at the time maybe? He said the most likely because she works 35 plus hours per week, gets drug tested at work and never fails and is a good student most likely will be a drug test with community service and it will go away.
I was more like get the kid here and let my kid go the end for for us!? He said he will talk to the officer, prosecutor and or judge I lost track and see about that scenario. We'll see at the end of the month.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I don't think it will necessarily be so easy. Unless the kid outright confesses (very doubtful), then the charge may stick to some degree.

Eekamouse

Thanks.
Where in the world does she work that would drug test the employees monthly? Obviously, they had a stoner working for them that they didn't know about.

Zigner

Where in the world does she work that would drug test the employees monthly? Obviously, they had a stoner working for them that they didn't know about.
That's an excellent point. It's obvious that the assertion that the employer does periodic drug testing has no bearing on whether or not the person would be guilty of the offense in question.

45Frank

I said about once a month, some get more some less.:eek: Believe it or not it's a fast food restaurant right off an interstate in a truck stop and it's a pretty rough place. She's looking for another job now and will be moving on but jobs for kids aren't exactly plenty around here.
Yeah I have doubts the kid will show even though I told the attorney I would make sure he is there but he said no and laughed. I just hope her clean record and her work and school record helps.

Eekamouse

I said about once a month, some get more some less.:eek: Believe it or not it's a fast food restaurant right off an interstate in a truck stop and it's a pretty rough place. She's looking for another job now and will be moving on but jobs for kids aren't exactly plenty around here.
Yeah I have doubts the kid will show even though I told the attorney I would make sure he is there but he said no and laughed. I just hope her clean record and her work and school record helps.
That kid is not going to show. How did the others in the car miss him stashing his drugs before he got out and ran?

45Frank

That kid is not going to show. How did the others in the car miss him stashing his drugs before he got out and ran?
They didn't and they all told the officer his name, he could of cared less. It was another officer who came over when the kid bolted and did the search obviously knowing something was up, he could of cared less also. My daughter's attorney talked to them and told them they MAY be needed to be available and they agreed.

Eekamouse

They didn't and they all told the officer his name, he could of cared less. It was another officer who came over when the kid bolted and did the search obviously knowing something was up, he could of cared less also. My daughter's attorney talked to them and told them they MAY be needed to be available and they agreed.
Who? The cops or the other passengers?

45Frank

This turned into a real soap opera and my daughter was as upset as I ever say her. (she now fears this guy will be pulling her over whenever he can or wants to) All charges will be discharged.
It was revealed to the prosecutor by this NON OFFICER this was personal against ME. I didn't know who the officers were who were involved. He is a park ranger who lives very close by and we have had many many run ins because of his constant harassment and I have written his supervisors many many many times due to his stalking. I hunt 2-300 private acres here with full powers over the property, he has harassed me and friends, arrested many of us, has interrupted many of our hunts for hours just to be an ass, arrested some while target hunting miles from any road or state property saying we were poaching or hunting out of season and charges are ALWAYS discharged, he's a long haired bearded tree hugger who HATES hunters and guns.:(
While on the side discussing options at break my attorney in passing mentioned the stuff belonged to another then out of the blue asked him why he specifically came over to her vehicle at a stop not being a deputy. He said in front of the prosecutor he thought it was me driving and was following the vehicle (Stalking), my daughter drives my 4x4 except when I hunt and I had no idea he was involved in this until the attorney went over and talked to him and the prosecutor then my daughter told me it was him! He went on to blab about he was basically out to get me and was following!!! REALLY!!!!
After he and the prosecutor talked some she came over and said the charges would be dropped. I asked my attorney why the sudden change and he was as confused as I was but felt him followed the vehicle thinking it was me then coming over after another officer and admitted he was out to get ME she may of felt the case wasn't strong.:confused:
I personally think she is tired of him clogging up the courts with all his BS cases. I have no prove but have been told he loses most of his cases and has been given speeches by a few judges.:confused:
I will be writing even more letters about this creep after I get proof the charges are gone.

Zigner

This turned into a real soap opera and my daughter was as upset as I ever say her. (she now fears this guy will be pulling her over whenever he can or wants to) All charges will be discharged.
It was revealed to the prosecutor by this NON OFFICER this was personal against ME. I didn't know who the officers were who were involved. He is a park ranger who lives very close by and we have had many many run ins because of his constant harassment and I have written his supervisors many many many times due to his stalking. I hunt 2-300 private acres here with full powers over the property, he has harassed me and friends, arrested many of us, has interrupted many of our hunts for hours just to be an ass, arrested some while target hunting miles from any road or state property saying we were poaching or hunting out of season and charges are ALWAYS discharged, he's a long haired bearded tree hugger who HATES hunters and guns.:(
While on the side discussing options at break my attorney in passing mentioned the stuff belonged to another then out of the blue asked him why he specifically came over to her vehicle at a stop not being a deputy. He said in front of the prosecutor he thought it was me driving and was following the vehicle (Stalking), my daughter drives my 4x4 except when I hunt and I had no idea he was involved in this until the attorney went over and talked to him and the prosecutor then my daughter told me it was him! He went on to blab about he was basically out to get me and was following!!! REALLY!!!!
After he and the prosecutor talked some she came over and said the charges would be dropped. I asked my attorney why the sudden change and he was as confused as I was but felt him followed the vehicle thinking it was me then coming over after another officer and admitted he was out to get ME she may of felt the case wasn't strong.:confused:
I personally think she is tired of him clogging up the courts with all his BS cases. I have no prove but have been told he loses most of his cases and has been given speeches by a few judges.:confused:
I will be writing even more letters about this creep after I get proof the charges are gone.
I would be careful of accusing the ranger of stalking you. Following the vehicle as you have described is NOT stalking.

45Frank

I would be careful of accusing the ranger of stalking you. Following the vehicle as you have described is NOT stalking.
Less then 200 rangers in NC with over a quarter million acres and he finds me my family and friends on a regular bases and just happens up on a traffic stop and does a search after a deputy had the situation under control.
I don't know the legal definition of stalking but it must be pretty close. On top of that never having a charge stick.
I'm just venting right now at the situation for my daughter is all.
Thank you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">