• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

NCP not exercising visits

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

TXCP

Please tell us which law pertains to "disturbing the child".
TRO stated she wasn't allowed to disturb the child's residence. Wouldn't you think that slinging her car door, and shattering the window, IN MY DRIVEWAY, would be considered a disturbance???
Her biggest argument was that she was served 3 weeks after I got the TRO, and 2 weeks before the hearing, bc "the average tro for ex parte is only up to 30 days". Technically, when the hearing happened, it had been almost 2 months, that I was able to keep her from the child, and even then, she had to wait another 5 weeks from me getting back from offshore to get to see him for an hour. Then, she passed her UA. Which I knew she would, but hey, my lawyer said it would buy us time.

I AM thinking of the kids. Hellooo??? Just because she's stable now, doesn't mean she wouldn't go back to it all!

TXCP

I have a lawyer.

I'll take my chances. There's no way she'd be dumb enough to call, and it's not hard to say I sleep on the couch, or that my SO has the third bedroom. It's really that easy.

CJane

I have a lawyer.

I'll take my chances. There's no way she'd be dumb enough to call, and it's not hard to say I sleep on the couch, or that my SO has the third bedroom. It's really that easy.
It would be. If posts on the internet weren't forever. In fact, I'm certain someone is already diligently seeking your ex, and forwarding these threads on.

TXCP

Diligently seeking her for what?

In case you didn't know, ANYONE can post here, doesn't mean anything. I may not even be posting from my own home. I could be the SO... You all seem to hate step mom's, maybe that's who I am?

Whole lot of its, to be seeking her to show her some random shoot on the Internet's :)

TXCP

And it doesn't seem this would meet the criteria for calling cps. Child is not being abused and house is clean, filled with food??

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
What do your parents think of you tapping your sister?

And when CPS interviews your child, who tells them Auntie and you sleep in the same bed?

You're a sick, sick little man.

And no, we are not anti-SM (or SD). Many here are one or the other. We're anti-jerk.

I'mTheFather

And it doesn't seem this would meet the criteria for calling cps. Child is not being abused and house is clean, filled with food??
Yeah, it does meet the criteria:

http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/Docs/FA/htm/FA.261.htm

Sec. 261.001. DEFINITIONS. In this chapter:
(1) "Abuse" includes the following acts or omissions by a person:
(A) mental or emotional injury to a child that results in an observable and material impairment in the child's growth, development, or psychological functioning;
(B) causing or permitting the child to be in a situation in which the child sustains a mental or emotional injury that results in an observable and material impairment in the child's growth, development, or psychological functioning;
In your first post, you said one of your children is already in therapy over your living situation:

https://forum.freeadvice.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=3329810

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TX

After a coworker mentioned the case of the father/daughter who were recently arrested for incest, and had their children(who were born to them) removed from them, it's brought a question to my mind regarding my own situation.

I am the primary custodian of my child. I was granted custody based on my ex moving back and forth between my current town, and another state. The father has now lived here ever since we filed the court papers. He's remarried, and has been in the area solidly for 4 years, including a job(but is behind about 6 months on CS, due to lack of employment). (I say all this, because all the reasons I used in court, are now nonexistent, therefore making the other parent's "wrongs", not applicable, unless I keep throwing out the old accusations).

Now, my question is in regards to cohabitation of my own. I am involved in a domestic partnership with a direct(first level) relative. The noncustodial parent has been aware, but with my lawyer, I was able to keep them from using it in court. However, I’ve recently been worried that if they were to call CPS, or the state or something, that I could lose custody. This was especially heightened after a discussion with the NCP's prior employer, when I called to verify the NCP's employment. The town where the other parent lives is in a backwoods area, and I guess word gets around, and the woman pretty much told me to never call again, and that they weren't involved, and if I wasn't involved in such unholy living conditions, I wouldn't be worried about what my ex is doing.

I already have other children(who do not reside with me), who’s custodial parent REFUSES to allow me to visit with, due to the relationship I am involved in. I know that my ex and my other children’s parent are friends, and so all this knowledge has been shared. My children have also witnessed my relationship. The relative and I have been in love a very long time, and are now able to be together. We’ve both moved cross country, so that we can make this work. However, now I’m concerned that I could lose custody over this. I was able to keep it out of court using objections, but I’m not going to be able to hide this from cps. Will they take my child from me? Will they be able to actually keep my other children from me? My other ex, says they found out when our child told their class during a discussion of divorced families. Apparently, my child stated that I'd slept with this person(we were actually sleeping, not doing anything dirty), and when the teacher asked for clarification, my child gave it. The teacher contacted the guidance counselor, who then contacted my ex, and now my child is in therapy. The therapist is lobbying for my ex to take away visitation as long as the relationship continues, OR to force me to have supervised only.

Please, I am not a troll. These types of relationships are a lot more prevalent than they used to be, and are becoming more and more accepted. My family is aware, although we more or less told them that they had to accept us both, or leave us both.
CJane is right. Someone is diligently seeking your ex. If you're a troll, you have little to worry about. If not, well...

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Yeah, it does meet the criteria:

http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/Docs/FA/htm/FA.261.htm

In your first post, you said one of your children is already in therapy over your living situation:

https://forum.freeadvice.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=3329810

CJane is right. Someone is diligently seeking your ex. If you're a troll, you have little to worry about. If not, well...
P.S. Deleting your thread(s) won't help, either. The internet is forever.

CJane

I know from personal experience that it's not too hard to get posts from this and other forums admitted as evidence.

Proserpina

I know from personal experience that it's not too hard to get posts from this and other forums admitted as evidence.

I hereby invoke... SPINNY.

To OP: exposing your child to an incestuous relationship could very well meet the definition of "abuse".

TXCP

It's not my sister, it's a sibling of my own parent.

I was under impression that my parents siblings were considered first level.

Still have to price who's writing these.

Who says I'm not mom, feeling out the sit?

I'mTheFather

I hope you are mom. If so, here, let me help you out. The relationship is a 3rd degree felony in the state of Texas. Not less than 2 years, nor more than 10.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee

You are a liar from the word go. You pretended to be mom, you said, then you said you were dad and now you are saying you may be mom again. You are pathetic regardless of what parent you really are. You are a liar. You are not to be trusted and you have no credibility.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">