• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

NCP visitation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FL

Sorry 'bout that, I should know better than to try to post when I'm at work - I always get interrupted.

Anyway, in Jan of this year, I posted that my ex decided he was not going to have our two kids for anymore visitation - no weekends, no holidays, etc., that he would only see them on Monday's for dinner. We have had no contact regarding his resuming any kind of visitation besides this 1 hour a week, but last night he asked both of the kids if they wanted to have Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner with him. Background on this - we have no specified visitation schedule because when we divorced I was in NC and he was in FL - the separation agreement only says he gets reasonable and liberal (I have tried to get him to agree to coming up with a detailed visitation agreement, to no avail). So, based on all this, do I have to let him have the kids both of those days? I am willing to work with him on Thanksgiving, but I had already planned on going out of town for the Christmas holidays. I also don't think it's appropriate for him to broach this subject with the kids before we have talked about it and come to mutual agreement.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">