• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need a attorney

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Birddog257

What is the name of your state? IL

I am in Chicago, requested validation on a debt and to make a long story short, I need to find a attorney. All the attorneys that come up in the search engine are "Creditor Rights" attorney. Any one know a good attorney in Chicago that works for the debtor? What key words should I use in the search engine to locate a attorney that expertise in FDCPA and defends the debtor against the CA's?

Thanks in advance for your help!

bigun

Birddog,

When you go to the web site, click on "special" and you'll find a list of CA's they are investigating. See if the one dedeviling you is on the list.

B

Birddog257

I actually am in touch with them and I have faxed over the information to one of the associates and then told she will get back to me and let me know "If they will take the case". I sHould here something today but I kind of got the feeling that if they are going to make alot of money on this they were not going to help me out. I maybe off base but that was the impression I got.

JETX

As you can probably imagine, attorneys can't take on individual cases without at least some hope of compensation from the losing party (or the party represented). Since you are obviously hoping for the 'white knight' to step forward in your behalf, the attorney must consider the possible amount recovered versus the expense of the lawsuit.

Considering that the defendant could be a major corporation with sufficient legal assets to mount an expensive defense, the attorney has to try to 'lump' as many valid complaints as possible (called 'class action'). If your specific complaint has sufficient fellow complaints, it could be worthwhile to pursue your case. However, if your case is one of only a few against that particular collector, it would probably not be economically practical to go after that small a recovery.

So, give them a chance to see if your case fits the others that they have.... and if it doesn't, you could consider filing a small claims action on your own.

B

Birddog257

Halkert any chance I may have a phone conversation with you? You can email your # to me at [email protected].

Also, what does anyone know about Ed Combs? Anyone know of any success once they take a case?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">