• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need a definition of a legal term

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

boomersmom

I am in Ohio.

I'm a party involved in a post-decree change of custody suit, acting pro se. I'm in the process of writing a pre-trial statement and have only a court-supplied outline of the content.

Can someone please help me understand what the term "Procedural Posture" means? I'm just not sure what the judge is looking for.

Thanks!

Boomer's Mom

C

chitown312

It means what happened to get here.

It would look something like this in a court decision:

Appellee wife filed a post decree petition to modify child support paid to her by appellant husband. After the Circuit Court of Sangamon County (Illinois) ruled on that petition, the wife appealed. The appellate court found that the trial court erred and remanded the case. The trial court then ordered the husband to pay a portion of the wife's attorney's fees for the appeal. The husband appealed.

Good luck

B

boomersmom

thanks!!!

thanks so much! i'm really under the gun here.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">