• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need a reason why

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jayceisback

What is the name of your state? pa

Dear sir/mam,

Reguardless of the fact that i have pending chrges where does it say in any statute in this state that my g/f may not resode with me the green paper that she has says yes she may not hang out with x-felons but I have pending charges and no record is it your opinion that i am guilty till proven inocent? I hope that is not what the world has come to where all lawyers believe this nonsense. I thought that it was cut and dry the fact tghat i have no convictions what so ever so what gives her probation officer any power over the fact that i have no conviction what so ever and she is on probation not parole i need to see whaere it says legally that she is allowed tro make such a ruleing in thhis state. All the stuff that i have seen revolves around parole not probation. She has only a year and 3 months left for a dui offense not a CDS charge. So where the the probation officer get the right to telll her where she can live and not live if i and not a threat or a danger to her.? And is there any legal way to fight it if nessasary?
Thank You For Your Time,
jay

stephenk

its hard to follow your questions since you keep starting new threads instead of just replying to the original thread.

the probation officer has complete control over your girlfriend in regard to how often he wants her to check in and who she can hang around/live with. The goal of probation is to make sure your girlfriend does not do anything illegal and also to keep her away from criminal influences.

Its the criminal influence not a conviction that matters. Would you agree that the PO could tell her not live with a drug user even though the drug user had not been convicted of any crime?

You are more of a negative influence, according to the PO, because you have charges pending.

jayceisback

i understand that the po has that option but i have had no problems in over 3 years and i have had a steady job. Would retaining a lawyer help in any way in this matter? Her last po in another county had no problem with it why would there be a problem in this one if all the po's have to follow the same rules?

TYRIS

jayceisback said:
i understand that the po has that option but i have had no problems in over 3 years and i have had a steady job. Would retaining a lawyer help in any way in this matter? Her last po in another county had no problem with it why would there be a problem in this one if all the po's have to follow the same rules?

your not getting the point. as stephenk stated, the probation officer has control of where your girlfriend lives and who she lives with, regardless of whether or not her last probation officer did. if they say no, then its no. your girlfriend only has one year and three months left. live with it until she is off probation and then do what you want.

as for bringing in an attorney, be my guest. but that is probably the quickest way to irritate her probation officer and put her back in jail.

TYRIS

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">