• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need advice about landlord

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Misolove

Well I live in an apartment building thats 50 years old. The electrical wiring is also 50 years old. You can smell burning when nothing is even on lights flicker constantly. We have told the manager and the corporate office. But no one will do anything. We have many issues carpet thats over 20 years old. Flooring needs to be fixed asap as it is creaking and alot of soft spots in the floor. We tr*ed calling cose enforcement but they redirected us back to the manager. We tried calling inspectors for housing they did the same. We have mold around the toilets things constantly break even after they were just fixed. I don't know what to do any advice and dont say move because I'm just not financially there to do that or wlae I would have

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What US state?

I would suggest that, wherever you are, you work your way up the chain of command at the municipality.

Misolove

South Carolina. We have spoke to sever all people the company all refer us back to the same person the city always refers us back to the company. Idk who to contact now I'm at a loss

FarmerJ

I suggest you go around inspections by talking to your local TV stations consumer affairs help desk and tell them all about the run around your getting and how it concerns you there could be a electrical fire . Let them air it on TV , Let inspections and your towns mayor wipe the egg off their own faces .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">